Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first day

Re: first day

I always take mine first thing in the morning, you will find that you will get different waves of side effects and some days will be better than others, my doctor put me on slow release propanolol which really helped with the upped anxiety, 80mg for a start and then at 4weeks I had to go up to 160mg which really did help, I also had diazapan to use as and when I needed it, lots of days I got through without it but some days I really needed to use it, for a short time I also had some sleeping pills from the GP as the flux really messed me up sleepwise which reading on here is very common, that did settle after a few weeks and is absolutely fine again now.

Good luck both of you if I can help or give advice I am happy to do so, I am not an expert by any means but I have been through it recently. xx

thanks a lot janine im just worried about having the side effects at work,Doc has confirmed me with depression but i chose the option to stay working and not be signed off as sitting about house prob make me feel worse,xx

I think you have got to see how you feel, my doc said if I could go to work it was the best thing to do as it gives you something else to thing about and if I could manage it I went in, some days I don't know how I did it and felt it hard to concentrate but being with people helped, somedays I would tell myself I would go in and come home when it got too much but would surprise myself and be able to stay all day, occasionally I did have to take a diazpan at some point. It was not the depression but the increased anxiety.

I was lucky as my colleagues knew what was wrong and my Line Manager was really understanding and told me that she had been through the same thing a few years ago. I was able to go in a bit later or leave earlier and work from home some days so all that helped, I have to be honest there were some days when I just could not make it and I am someone who never have time off normally.

I think you are right to go if you can because sitting around can make you worse but don't beat yourself up if you have days when you just can't manage it.

xx

Thanks janine,I suppose i can only give it one day at a time.xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information