Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first day

Unhappy first day

just took my first fluoxetine today.have to say im a bit worried reading all these side effects i never normally read up on side effects wish i hadnt now

Re: first day

Hi AbbieJ, I wish I had found this forum at your stage, I did not find it until I was feeling deperate at 4 weeks in so I had no idea that it was the side effects from the meds that was making feel worse and so so rotten.

Everyone is different and I am not saying it is easy because for me it wasn't but you may not have as severe side effects, but that is the negative side because if you read a lot of the posts you will see even those of us that have suffered badly have come out the otherside and it was so so worth it, they kicked in at five and a half weeks for me and i am still feeling good.

You are not alone and the support is here if you need it, I could not have got through it without this forum, my fantastic husband and family.

Janinexxx

i have just started takin them too, well... tomorrow wil b day 7. today hasnt been too bad but 2 days b4 were horrid, is this the meds or my anxiety?????? xx

It is the medication making you feel more anxious and you will have better days and then bad days again untill eventually the good days out weigh the bad, just take it minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day that is the only way to get through it and just think it is the medication working.

xx

u dont know how glad i am to hear that, i have not really felt that great since starting them but woke up this mornin quite possitive, and i actually said to my other half "i'm gonna take each day as it comes" thanku for replying. xx

Hopefully i wont be too bad,How long before the side effects satrt if the do?

i not sure really, i pretty much felt awful after a couple days but every1 is different and i was already taking propranolol for anxiety, try not too worry as im sure this makes things worse.. good luck and stick with it. xx

thanks will give it my best shot as i need to get better...What time of day is best to take the tablet? xx

i am taking mine in the morning, not sure if it makes a difference xx good luck xx

thanks a lot.xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information