Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Meet Up

Liverpool Meet Up

Hi All,

I've attended a couple of meet ups in Leeds with members off this site and have really enjoyed them and made good friendships through them.

I would be interested in starting up a meet in my home town, Liverpool. I have lived in Yorkshire for 12 years but retain my Scouse warmth, humour and accent I always enjoy re connecting with my home town. I visit home as often as possible and would love to meet up with new friends.

I would love to hear from any members interested in meeting up in Liverpool. Please post on this thread or feel free to PM me.

I thought that Bold St would be a good meeting place with it's huge range of lovely cafés and bars. The Albert Dock is another possible central venue. These are just suggestions and by no means set in stone.

I hope to hear back from interested people. We could then get to know each other a little and look at a venue and time that suits us all.

Warmest wishes,

Cat
    Last edited by Serenitie; 02-12-12 at 22:41.

Re: Liverpool Meet Up

I would be up for this! x

Great!!! What are your preferred times,days and venues?

Cat x

Hi

I would also be interested. I did try to arrange something in Liverpool, but it didn't happen in the end.
    I work full time but could meet up on a Saturday or Sunday, Bold street would be easier for me to get to, but I can get to the Albert Dock if that is better for other people.

Courage is not freedom from fear, it is being afraid and going on.

Anywhere is fine with me I go to Uni there, so i'm there 3-4 times a week and my boyfriend lives over there, so any time is okay for me!

Maybe the egg cafe ( just off bold street) it's a vegetarian cafe, and whilst I'm not a vegetarian they do all sorts of green teas and it's so lovely and cosy in there

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

And come on guys, it'd be lovely to meet locals of any age, shape, gender or size hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna C View Post
    Hi

I would also be interested. I did try to arrange something in Liverpool, but it didn't happen in the end.
    I work full time but could meet up on a Saturday or Sunday, Bold street would be easier for me to get to, but I can get to the Albert Dock if that is better for other people.
    Saturday is good for me!

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenita View Post
    Maybe the egg cafe ( just off bold street) it's a vegetarian cafe, and whilst I'm not a vegetarian they do all sorts of green teas and it's so lovely and cosy in there

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

And come on guys, it'd be lovely to meet locals of any age, shape, gender or size hah!
    I LOVE Egg Cafe!!!!

Can I suggest a date? How is Saturday 9th February?

I know it seems a while away, but Christmas is creeping up on us and I am away in Edinburgh. Then I am staying in a yurt mid January and attending the Derby meet up at the end of January! (I could not leave the house earlier this year! )

Early February gives us plenty of time to attract interest, chat a little on here prior to meeting and replenish funds after Christmas. Let me know your thoughts?

If you are both free and up for this day, I will go ahead and book my train tickets and book it in as a definite in my diary

Cat

Smile Re: Liverpool Meet Up

Count me in. Date and venue both fine with. I will look forward to it. Jamie

I'll be there too, just let me know what time to get there.

Courage is not freedom from fear, it is being afraid and going on.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieb View Post
    Count me in. Date and venue both fine with. I will look forward to it. Jamie
    Welcome, Jamie!

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anna C View Post
    I'll be there too, just let me know what time to get there.
    Great! Shall we say 1pm? We can be flexible about the time to accommodate everyone's availability

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

We're making great progress with arranging our first meet! I'm really excited and looking forward to meeting you Anna, Lauren & Jamie

All are welcome to join us for our first Liverpool meet

Saturday 9th February 2013, 1pm @ Egg Café
    (Top Floor, 16 - 18 Newington, off Bold Street, Liverpool, 
L1 4ED
)

http://www.eggcafe.co.uk/index.html

Booking is recommended at weekends, so I will book a table after the holidays.

I'm really looking forward to visiting my home city in February and building new friendships

For all interested in attending, this meeting will be very informal and friendly with a group of people who all understand and experience anxiety.

Please feel free to come along, no matter how long you can stay, to share a cuppa, chit - chat and Scouse humour

We all experience anxiety differently and can feel at ease managing our anxiety during our meet up in whatever way helps. If this means staying only a short time or popping to the loo or out of the café for a breather at intervals that is fine

I'm away over the holiday period, but look forward to catching up with everyone when I return in the new year

Wishing all a peaceful Christmas and every happiness in the new year!

Cat

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information