Thread: ear and jaw pain

ear and jaw pain

since tuesday i now have had pain all round my teeth ex[ecially my lower left jaw leading to occasional earache with lower right stomach cramps and occ diarrohea

and this morning my neck is sore

please help as im so scared

BP was 150/98 pulse 104

---------- Post added at 07:31 ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 ----------

BP now lowered to 140/95 143/93 pulse 95

Re: ear and jaw pain

Had you thought that you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep. I do this and have had severe jaw pain, pain in my temples and earache because of this. I now wear a tooth guard made for me by my dentist and the problem is much less severe now.

BobbyDog

im not sure to be honest as sleeping alone

i had 4 filling over 2 weeks ago on bottom teeth so dont know if its that but ive terrified myself that its a heart attack

Quote Originally Posted by leiajulie View Post
    im not sure to be honest as sleeping alone

i had 4 filling over 2 weeks ago on bottom teeth so dont know if its that but ive terrified myself that its a heart attack
    Get in contact with your dentist to see if they can reassure you.

BobbyDog

It's not a heart attack, so please don't worry. I'm not going to post the symptoms of one because I don't want you to read into it, but I can assure you if it was a heart attack you'd be in hospital.

It sounds like symptoms of anxiety, although please note I am not a doctor therefore this isn't a cast iron diagnosis.

When I am feeling anxious, I subsconsciously bare down on my teeth and my muscles tense. This would account for the jaw and earache, as the muscles in your face are in use. As for the teeth, I would make a call to your dentist and just explain you are having pain - it could be linked to the fillings; the dentist may have filed your tooth down a little too far.

The stomach cramps and loose stools are one of the most common symptoms of anxiety, so please try not to worry.

Try not to take your pulse/BP too much because when you are anxious they will give elevated readings which will make you feel worse.

If you are still not settling and are anxious, maybe booking an appointment with you doctor or nurse just for reassurance may be helpful. They will do a few tests and hopefully that will put your mind at rest.

Hi lela. The first thing to do is to stop taking your blood pressure. This is something only a competent doctor can use as a diagnostic tool and the layman can frighten the life out of himself by getting false readings. Blood pressure varies from person to person. What is 'high' for some is 'low' for others. It depends on age,your
    physical state and many other factors. There is a big area of nerves around the jaw. This is why you can be knocked out by a blow to this part of the anatomy. It is not surprising that with anxiety present it feels painful. Also the other symptoms you describe are classic anxiety symptoms. You really should go to your GP if only for reassurance. They are the only ones able to make a competent diagnosis and you do need reassurance. You may also need short term medication. Please try not to worry (difficult). It does not help and only creates the old vicious circle of worry-fear-worry. Be kind to yourself. joe.

thanks everyone still sore but not as nervous and worried , more worried re blood test results a few posts down

Thread Information