Thread: Perimenopause (40yrs+), skipped periods, then flooding.

Perimenopause (40yrs+), skipped periods, then flooding.

Hi! After my lengthy postings about no period and all my worries, Day 69 arrived and so did my period... Just as the GP said it would, after all the tests. GP said that when the period came it may be normal or maybe very heavy , as I have fibroids anyway. It was so nice to have no period at all through October and November.

Day 1 was light, Day 2 was very heavy and SOAKING pads every 2 (to 3) hours, and 90 mins on one occasion. Now Day 3 much the same. I did expect this seeing as the uterus lining has probably been building up over the last two months; missing two periods I would normally have had. I did do a 'Dr. Google' (why do I do this....) It seems this is fairly 'normal' in perimenopause, and how long the flooding is varies needless to say. When I have a normal period (normal for me with my fibroids) it's usually heavy to heavy(ish) between Days 1-3, middling Day 4, light to very light Days 5-6, then finishes.

I'm wondering what to expect I suppose. Hope that this doesn't go on too long. I'm already on iron tablets for low ferritin (iron stores), although I feel okay in myself at the moment.

I'm sure there are lots of ladies in the same situation as me on this forum. Anyone in 'peri' having two or more skipped cycles, then a very heavy period?? And/or going back to normal cycles after skipping periods for a couple of months??

Many thanks, NattyOne.

Re: Perimenopause (40yrs+), skipped periods, then flooding.

I haven'e had a period since June now but for a couple of years before after always having regular as clockwork periods I started having really heavy periods, sometimes lasting 3 weeks then nothing for a week then another period! I had fibroids too but I think it is normal to have erratic periods during this stage of life.

Thread Information