Thread: on it for life

on it for life

I was okay with citalopram for .2 years....but i was getting indiferent, joyless, boring
    So i research what citalopram realy is...turns out it work just like cocaine, but without the high. Also, its hard to drop out if not imposible

Re: on it for life

Where did you get this information?

Why is it hard to drop out? Do you mean give it up and stop taking it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Citalopram doesn't work anything like cocaine, cocaine is a triple reuptake inhibitor that causes a huge increase in neurotransmitter levels over a short time.

Cool Re: on it for life

Thanks for your question, i will answe- cocain sends serotonin into the brain, plus it gets you high...citalopram uses the same transmition of serotonin, only without the high.
    As a result the brain gets used to cit and will depend on it for mood stability. Making the brain dependend.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

Here comes the second part--cit takes away libido and sexual performance. I am 46year man, told my doc to lower the mg and after a few month i transform into a tired, boring, no fun subject, sleppless at night and no energy daytime.
    The serotonin was wearing out...now i am back on cit

I agree with Ashley here, cocaine and citalopram are totally different groups of drugs, and citalopram certainly can't be put in the same bad boat as cocaine. Nor is it addictive in the manner that cocaine is.

Is there real, peer reviewed, scientific evidence for what you say Fly Elvis?

It isn't impossible to come off citalpram at all - many people on here have done so, and done so successfully and gone on to live happy healthy lives independent of the medication.

Citalopram doesn't take away libido in everyone, you say yours decreased upon dropping the dose - therefore it is the drop in dose that has reduced your sex drive, not the citalopram.

Citalopram can do wonderful things for people, for me it has simply given me my life back.

Thread Information