Thread: 50 and menopausal -aaaarghhhh

50 and menopausal -aaaarghhhh

Hi is anyone else getting increased anxiety at a similar age to me 50! Also aches and pains, lightheadedness, chest flutters, indigestion etc etc etc.

Does it pass eventually?

Xxx

Re: 50 and menopausal -aaaarghhhh

I bet there will be loads of ladies suffering in the same or similar ways.... i'm 49 & have problems concentrating, or just thinking, remembering certain words, increased pmt (anger, heightened emotions, complete change in personality really .....), cycle all over the place (last 2 were 8 weeks apart- which is good as i dont end up anaemic which i have done when my cycle over the last few months got too close together). there are things too but, not surprisingly, i'm struggling to think what they are!

hi Tessar I'm Fifty one and have some of the problems you describe. I put my memory loss down to the lithium that I take. I don't have periods as I have had a hysterectomy. i'm not not sure whether I will get hot flushes nothing yet. The menopause can play havoc with our emotions though. EJ

hiya i too get bad anxiety, acid reflux (which ive never suffered with before) also ive been getting hives regular, also palpitations every morning and evening (worse when premenstral) aches and pains, mood swings, very tired, amongst other symptoms, im only 49 and still having regular periods, cant wait for it all to go away :(

Hi Floridagirl.. I'm 54 and my anxiety started 5yrs ago. I'm sorry to say it's still with me but easing a bit, I think. The menopause is just AWFUL, I seemed to age overnight, I can't stand heat and even if it's freezing outside I have to have the windows open at night.
    On the plus side though, no more PMT or periods (they'd got really heavy). YIPPEE!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethJane View Post
    hi Tessar I'm Fifty one and have some of the problems you describe. I put my memory loss down to the lithium that I take. I don't have periods as I have had a hysterectomy. i'm not not sure whether I will get hot flushes nothing yet. The menopause can play havoc with our emotions though. EJ
    oh how could i possiblly forget - i get flushes - most of the i'm just hot anyway compared to others. but sometimes i do suddenly feel really hot, particularly at night. and seeing it elsewhere her, acid reflux - yes i never used to get that but do now. migraine headaches before during & after my period, actually i've been 2 months now without one due to stress.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by susan1963 View Post
    cant wait for it all to go away :(
    i'll second that

Thread Information