Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone taking Mirtazapine?

anyone taking Mirtazapine?

My doctor is wanting to change me from dosulipin to Mirtazipine. He has assured me that I won't get the horrible side effects that I got when another doctor tried to change me to prozac. What are other peoples opinions on this if you have taken it please?

Re: anyone taking Mirtazapine?

Hey Annie, I have been taking Mirtazapine for about 4 years now 45mg. The only start up side effect I got was drowsiness during the day, but that wore off. If you are having sleep problems as I do, you should get a good nights sleep. I am a little intolerant of SSRI's, that is the reason I was prescribed Mirtazapine.

BobbyDog

I had a really bad reaction to prozac so it makes me reluctant to change. Do you feel less anxious with mirtazipine?

Hi, ive tried mirtazapine and after having severe reation to cit it was a walk in the park side effect wise with zero side effects apart from the drowsiness, unfortunatly it didn't help my anxiety so i was swapped over to venlafaxine but ive read good reports on it xx

I have read a few reports that it is really good for depression but not so good for anxiety.

my physchatrist did say it was more for depression than anxiety or its good as an add on AD but i gave it a shot due to its seditive effects as i don't sleep well but unfortunatly it wasn't for me xx

I take mirtazapine 45mg and have to say its the best med I have ever taken, I sleep better and have reducd anxiety. Ive taken Prozac and Citalopram in the past but had to stop taking them because they kept my brain racing. I found sleep impossible and still suffered with anxiety.

Thanks everyone, I am still deciding if I should change or not

I've been taking 15mg of Mirtazapine a night for most of the last 5 years (apart from odd occasions when I was prescribed alternatives). It's the only one that helps me sleep, but I found 30mg a night brought the insomnia back so I stay at the lower dose.

Minor sexual side effects, dry mouth, slightly foggy brain at times, but less of a hangover effect for me than dosulepin which I took in the late 90s when it was called dothiepin. After it was renamed I took it as and when I needed to help me sleep.

I feel my sleep is more natural on Mirtazapine.

Mark

Hi Annie

Have you seen we have a whole sub-forum for this medication?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information