Thread: Bipolar?

Question Bipolar?

Good evening everyone! Hope you are all well.

I've been wondering something lately.. I think I may have bipolar.
    It's just that some days I can be really depressed and other days, (like today) I feel perfect and happy, like my depression and anxiety never existed, if that makes sense? I mean this time yesterday I was feeling suicidal and wouldn't speak to anyone. But today, I feel over the moon, for no reason whatsoever.

Sometimes I would be sat in the living room on my laptop, having some laughs with the rest of the family, then all of the sudden I feel really bad emotionally, and start crying. Then it can last for hours until I feel OK again.

What do you guys think?

.....and a ninja.

Re: Bipolar?

From the little I have heard about bi polar (a good friend's sister has it) you don't have one mood one day and another mood the next. It works in waves. The mania creeps up and up and up until you often need meds and psychiatric involvement to bring you down, it would be very obvious to all around you that you were having a psychotic episode, you would behave increasingly irrationally but may not really realise this yourself, you may believe you are in touch with God etc, there would be no sleeping, your mind would be racing, it is not a pleasant feeling of well being and happiness as I understand it.
    Then the depressive phases are so crippling you contemplate self harm or worse, you cannot get out of bed, again, friends or family would be left in no doubt and would hopefully be calling in the psychiatric teams.
    Hope this helps

Ah, I see! Thank you for clearing that up Pinktel, that helps an awful lot. Hmm, do you have any idea what I may have then? Or could this just be normal depression?

.....and a ninja.

Well that's a tough one!!
    Could it just be the ups and downs of life with anxiety? Are you on any meds at all?
    I am not a psychologist and nor am I a medic so I can only speak from personal experience and from what others have mentioned in the past. I know in my own day to day life I can have a really bad day with anxiety (for no apparant reason sometimes) which will leave me depressed and anxious and then it can lift another day and I feel normal once more for a tantalising time!

Thread Information