Thread: Feeling hopeless

Feeling hopeless

Hi, and sorry for writing this. I'm usually upbeat, happy and silly but at the moment my anxiety is sky high and I feel terribly depressed.
    I can't seem to concentrate on anything, I don't get out of bed until 5pm most days because I can't be bothered and just don't want to face everything.
    I don't want to go to the doctor because I don't want to catch norovirus because I have a terrible phobia of sick, and I fear that I'd catch it.
    I'm irritable and feel like I can't bring myself to do anything.
    I keep getting one disappointment after another which isn't helping. I was meant to do a psychology degree at the open university because have been declined for financial support and a loan.
    I just sort of feel that there's no point in anything, I wish I wasn't feeling this way.
    I'm on prozac, and I have an sad lamp and have been taking omega oils and vitamin d to help, but nothing is working.
    Sorry for this long rank, I felt like I needed to get it all off my chest.

Re: Feeling hopeless

Ohh poor you, The things your doing like the omega oils - give them time, they might not be obviously helping BUT I'm sure in the long run you'll see the benefits. Tapping exercises - YouTube, herbal Bach herbal remedies, manuka honey, just a few more suggestions.

I was doing a PGCE last year when panic attacks took over me for the very first time and change my entire life , I had no other option than to quit , I was soo soo ill.
    I have a BSc in biosciences and I wish I didn't have it right now, I get soo cross that I can't do anything with it now! I've been a stay at home mum ever since I started with Panic attacks, last year and now ~
    if I was to re-apply for the postgrad teaching course , it would be a right palaver!
    20K for F-all!!! As Maria says in sound of music "for every door that closes one most open". I think she says someone like that! So for u and I hopefully, in the future we will achieve our goals or look back in relief, because it's worked out better but, in a different way, perhaps?

Look after yourself right now, I'm sure with time you'll get there x

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Ohh poor you, The things your doing like the omega oils - give them time, they might not be obviously helping BUT I'm sure in the long run you'll see the benefits. Tapping exercises - YouTube, herbal Bach herbal remedies, manuka honey, just a few more suggestions.

I was doing a PGCE last year when panic attacks took over me for the very first time and change my entire life , I had no other option than to quit , I was soo soo ill.
    I have a BSc in biosciences and I wish I didn't have it right now, I get soo cross that I can't do anything with it now! I've been a stay at home mum ever since I started with Panic attacks, last year and now ~
    if I was to re-apply for the postgrad teaching course , it would be a right palaver!
    20K for F-all!!! As Maria says in sound of music "for every door that closes one most open". I think she says someone like that! So for u and I hopefully, in the future we will achieve our goals or look back in relief, because it's worked out better but, in a different way, perhaps?

Look after yourself right now, I'm sure with time you'll get there x
    Thanks for replying
    Maybe things will work out better.
    I did a load of housework after writing my rant earlier and it did make me feel a little better.

Hi missshaby,i hope you will be doing more and more after every time you post on here. Thats a great motivation.
    To put yourself a goal about uni is a great motivator as well. Maybe you can see other way to start it.
    Many of the people o here know how you feel at the moment and share your frustration.... But it will get better....

Thread Information