Thread: Am I being silly?

Thumbs down Am I being silly?

Hi as some of you know last week I was suffering from DP/DR I found MY cure which was vitamin D however since then when ever I walk or stand up for long than a minute I get a strange prickly sensation in my back almost like sum1 is pricking me with lots of little needles! It doesn't hurt as such and a good scratch gets rid of it! But I'm also getting a numb thigh when I lay down on my front and also earlier whilst I was standing my thigh went numb...I've been getting tingling almost numb feelings in my hands whilst laying on my front as well...not to mention discomfort in my belly ribs and kidney area, I was told I was constipated a couple of weeks ago but I don't think that will relate to the prickly and numbness would it? I do spend a lot of time laid on my front on the sofa but I am terrified its something serious like MS/spinal cancer / kidney failur all sorts is flying through my mind and I keep having to pull myself away from DR google! Anyone experienced any of this ...an I just run down after my really bad week last week or should I be concerned?

Re: Am I being silly?

It sounds to me as if you either have sciatica or have trapped a nerve! It's really common to trap a nerve and has all the symptoms you described.
    Get some deep heat cream and speak to your doctor

Hi. I am not the best person to comment on this at the mo, as I am going through similar symptoms although not in my back. You do sound like you may have a trapped nerve. Have you thought of a deep tissue massage? That might really help.... X

Hi. Kieran. Firstly do not self diagnose; you are not a doctor so could mislead yourself and cause more anxiety. You really should go to your GP if only for reassurance. Numbness, tingling, constipation are ALL symptoms of anxiety and can be dealt with once you have the OK from the medics. To be reassured is so important. Sorry not to be more helpful. Please come back and let us know how you fare. We can all help if you have had medical advice. Best wishes. joe.

Hi Kieran, I get that prickly feeling in my legs if i stand in one place for to long, and i have to have a good scratch, my son also suffers from the same thing, I cant lie on my back when sleeping because i wake up with numb hands, I don't know why all this happens, but i have had it for years, so i wouldn't worry about it if i were you, its probably caused by the was your laying x

Thread Information