Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair loss

hair loss

omg..ok so now this is my 3rd post in less than 24hrs and i feel a nervous wreck!
    my hair is falling out badly and i am perified of going bald or having bald patches.
    my lovely kids passed their adoring lice on to me and we've been fighting this battle for months. ive used nit lotion and conditioner but all to no avail-then today i used tea trea oil and my hair started coming out in lumps!!i washed it off so dam quick lol there is hair everywhere. i then put tea tree conditioner in and im combing lice out-but as i comb i lose at least 4 strands each time. im shaking as ive never seen so much hair!
    im sure half of my recent hair loss is due to stress but this constant de-nitting doesnt help.
    is it possible to go bald due to stress? going to docs tomorrow as cant take much more :(

Hi Sassy

I'm exactly the same! Although I haven't got patches of baldness as such, I can tell that my hair is thinning.

Loads comes out when I wash it and then when I comb it through.

I've tried every shampoo and potion on the market, but nothing seems to help.

I guess it is just the stress and anxiety - but I do know how horrible it is. My hairdresser said that worrying about it just makes it worse, but its easier said than done.

I'm just hoping that it will spring back in time!

Take care

SB x

Hi ya

well me too, loads coming out, all down to the lovely Stress!!!

I could keep running my fingers through mine and get hair everytime, you think you are going bald or geting patches but you won't!

Also, I've noticed ive lost a lot of hair this time of year anyway August every year and lasts for a few months!

Everyone has months where they lose more hair, but because your now thinking bout it and keep prob checking it seems like your losing more when you prob are not!

Thank goodness its not just me!!

I am obsessed with running my fingers through mine, "just to see" how much comes out!! Maybe this health anxiety is linked to OCD!!!!

Its the same old thing as with the symptoms, and langlim's right - we all know that focusing on something will inevitably make it worse!!

Sorry I can't be more help Sassy, but just so you know you are definitely not on your own!

SB x

thanks everyone. as i type its even on the keys!
    decided to get my hair chopped off-perhaps it'll strengthen it :S
    my hair is long and is forever up so thinking that doesnt help.
    i have never lost so much hair in my life!!

I've got long blonde hair and i notice it everywhere, pillows when hoovering - i go through fazes where I'll lose nothing for months then lose a lot! I am now - esp where I'm extra stressed !

But i think coz your always checking you think your losing loads, but your prob not losing any more than usual!

I wouldnt worry!

L
    x

Hi there, i remember sometime ago on this site a similar problem was mentioned (try the search feature) and it was mentioned that tying your hair up made this happen more? Sorry no assistance and probably got it wrong. xxx

it is true, coz if you wear ya hair up a lot, its not allowing the hair to shed as when its down, so when you wash it after a few days its seems loads is coming out, when in actual fact its probably what you have naturally shed a few days before like a build up!

Apparantly its normal to loose up to 100 hairs a day. Also hair has its own life cycle so it could be just a natural phase its going through. I lost tonnes when my youngest was about 16months and it went on till he was nearly two.
    anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Hi Sassy,

I have noticed more hairs on my lap since having anxiety, but are you saying that it is coming out big time?

Stress can lead to this.

Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information