Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grief :-(

grief :-(

Hi everyone, in the space of 5 weeks ive sadly lost both of my Grandads, both quite suddenly and im really struggling to cope, its one of theirs funeral tomo and really don't know how im going to get through it, i just can't stop crying and feel physically ill and emotionally drained, my anxiety has been playing up aswel to the point i had a panic attack yesterday morning, the first one in months as i had been doing so well, i just feel so numb and still shocked and can't believe this has happened in such a short space of time, my doc and cpn have tried to reassure me that what im feeling is completely normal and all part of the grieving process but im so scared im going backwards, can grief really make you feel so ill? xxxxxxx

Re: grief :-(

Really sorry nicola about your loss.
    Try to think of the funeral tomorrow as celebration of your grandads life, that can make it easier.
    Grieving., your doc is right, you will go theough stages and finally will move on. Time will help you.
    Be strong, uour grandad wouldnt want you to be that sad.
    Hugs hugsoooooooppp

I am really sorry to hear of your loss, and yes grief can feel so bad. Like Thumbalina said, try to think of it as a celebration of your Grandad's life. Sending you x

Thankyou both of you xx

So sorry, sending hugsEJ

Thanks EJ x x

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost both of my grandads when I was very young, and one of my grandmothers died 9 years ago. When my grandads died I was too young to fully understand what was happening, but when my grandmother died I was 19 so it affected me a lot more. She had been ill for a long time but it was still very upsetting when she died.

Sending you hugs.

Thanks sparkle x x

So sorry for you loses, that is a lot to handle. Hope you will find the strength to get by. Sending you some hugs.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is 100% normal. Honestly, and not to be depressing or freak you out, but after my mom died I felt numb for months ... maybe even the whole first year. I felt like I was walking around in a dream land that did not really exist. My anxiety was through the roof as well.

Be kind to yourself, just let yourself feel what you need to feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information