Thread: Day 5, awful side effects

Day 5, awful side effects

Hi everyone, i'm currently on my 5th of prozac and feel awful. I took it before about 3 years ago now and came off it because it made me feel so bad, i had a relapse a few weeks ago and im now on zyprexa as well as prozac.

I cant speak properly and keep slurring my words, i keep forgetting things a few seconds after being told them, keep leaving valuables around, forgetting where i placed them, cant walk properly, i feel absolutely out of it.
    I wouldnt usually mind feeling so spaced out but i'm starting to scare myself, worried ill have an accident or something!
    I know these things can't really be helped and i've been told they will pass but i was hoping someone out there could give me some sort of advice or at least let me know that this is normal!
    I just feel so strange.

Thanks

Re: Day 5, awful side effects

They mainly look like standard Prozac side effects to me.

Particularly balance and walking problems, and the memory lapses could be due to increased anxiety.

When I was on Trazodone I walked out into traffic without really looking and my wife had to pull me back. It disturbed me. So much so I came off them.

Last week I was in a Supermarket and I forgot not only which one I was in, but which city I was in (my wife had driven there, I don't drive). I found that rather perturbing but fortunately it was a one-off. It was like the 10 minutes of memory before that experience was just inaccessible. I found it disorientating.

So I can empathise with your worries. Only you can decide (in discussion with your GP) whether you can tolerate these side effects (I lasted 2 weeks on Prozac, came off due to increased anxiety and sexual side effects).

What I will say is be careful. Judge how these problems affect you day to day and avoid any situations where you need all your wits about you (pretty standard medication info leaflet stuff really).

Mark

That is terrible that you're feeling that way. I would for sure tell your doctor. There maybe something they can give you to counter act the side effects. I'm taking Clorazepam, it helps a lot. But I taking Fluoxetine, not to sure if the side effects are slightly different.

Thank you both for being so helpful. I will give it a few more weeks and see how i feel then, i've decided to take my medication in the afternoons rather than the morning and that has actually made things a lot better during the day, i'm a bit more on the ball and awake and in the evening i can lay down and feel a lot safer. Thanks for help again

i remember a few years ago i felt a bit like that and was taking meds in the morning, i then started takin them at nite and it helped alot xx

Hi mumo42012,
    Thats true about the time you take medication. See if taking at night helps to feel strange. I take my at night and it also improves sleep.
    I would discuss with your doctor and see if he agrees.
    Take care

Quote Originally Posted by yasminthelight View Post
    Hi everyone, i'm currently on my 5th of prozac and feel awful. I took it before about 3 years ago now and came off it because it made me feel so bad, i had a relapse a few weeks ago and im now on zyprexa as well as prozac.

I cant speak properly and keep slurring my words, i keep forgetting things a few seconds after being told them, keep leaving valuables around, forgetting where i placed them, cant walk properly, i feel absolutely out of it.
    I wouldnt usually mind feeling so spaced out but i'm starting to scare myself, worried ill have an accident or something!
    I know these things can't really be helped and i've been told they will pass but i was hoping someone out there could give me some sort of advice or at least let me know that this is normal!
    I just feel so strange.

Thanks
    Hi Yasminthelight, I hope you are feeling better. This is my 6th day and i feel awfull:( i hope things will get better over the time...

Hi Yasmin,
    Am also on day 5, this is definitely my worst day yet. Not sleeping at all, only got 2hrs last night, got terrible chest pains, nausea, have lost 3kilo already due to no appetite, jelly legs,spaced out, shakes. Ialso take my med in the morning & thought about changing to an evening to see if I can operate through the day. Have been told that first two weeks are very bad(didn't think it was this BAD), but am going to persevere as some good posts on here once s/e subside.
    Maybe we could keep posting & support each other & compere notes on how we are coping.
    hugs x

Thread Information