Thread: Reassurance Needed!!!!!!

Reassurance Needed!!!!!!

Having battled GAD for some time now I have good days and bad. I am permanently concerned and stressing about my Heart. The last few days have been bad. I got to the point where I have taken two days off work as I feel awful. I am suffering constant dizziness and have pains in my chest and in my left arm. I am sleeping loads yet forced myself to go for a walk which eased my symptoms and made me feel a bit better. I know that if I was having a Heart related issue that physical exercise would probably not be possible but I cannot shake the negative thoughts.
    Over the past 12 months I have used alcohol as an escape because I feel ok after a few drinks. I know it is a viscous circle and alcohol is not the answer.
    Luckily I have a lot of holiday owing at work so am now off until the new year. Work has been a nightmare this year and has not helped my anxiety so I am hoping that the break will do me good. I also intend to use this time off to try and cut down on my drinking. I still intend to have a few drinks over the Xmas period but will not go on too mad.
    Is anyone else is a similar situation or is it just me??
    I’ve read about NLP Therapy and am considering giving it a go during my time off. Has anyone had any experience of this?
    Thanks X

Re: Reassurance Needed!!!!!!

Hey dude I been in the same situation were for months I was petrified that something cardiac related was going to happen to me. I had stabbing chest pains, shoulder pains and even jaw pains but I'm still alive! I talked to my doc and she said all what I had, the pains, tightness ect was all caused by anxiety and stress. You really have nothing to worry about your thoughts are getting the best of you but if your really concerned just see your doc. It wont hurt!

I'm also having chest pains, around the left side near the armpit mainly, had it for 6 weeks and going to see the Doc on Monday about it.

However, there's no shortness of breath, undue sweating etc. so I'm hoping for a cardiac all clear. It'll certainly put my mind at rest.

For me the pains seem to be in the muscles rather than organs but I'm no Doctor.

So if my Doc says my heart is fine, then yes it can be anxiety related

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark13 View Post
    I'm also having chest pains, around the left side near the armpit mainly, had it for 6 weeks and going to see the Doc on Monday about it.

However, there's no shortness of breath, undue sweating etc. so I'm hoping for a cardiac all clear. It'll certainly put my mind at rest.

For me the pains seem to be in the muscles rather than organs but I'm no Doctor.

So if my Doc says my heart is fine, then yes it can be anxiety related

Mark
    I have been getting pains there also. Sometimes it's rely high up and sometimes it's low. Feels like its in my ribs.

Thread Information