Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scared of ironing

scared of ironing

Hi

Wondered if anyone can shed some light on this. Im scared of ironing, I dont no why. Everytime I think about it I feel sick. Is this part of depression or something else?

Advice much appreciated.

I don't know, but I get a fear of doing housework and gardening in general. I haven't really quite worked out why, but I've always had problems in doing sustained jobs which even effects me - evev watchinga film or reading a book is hard work as they last too long!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Sorry you are having problems right now, things will ease off, what exactly frightens you about ironing? Did something happen that made you feel like this? There is always a way to work around this type of fear. Try not to let it worry you too much and let us know if there is anything we can do to help. xxx

hi chez

is there somthing that has happend when doing ironing

i ask this because i have ectopic heart beats and if i go to my mums or shoping and they happen i tend not to go there agane for a few weeks in fear of it happening agane mad i know but it dose happen
    jodie

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi

Wondered if anyone can shed some light on this. Im scared of ironing, I dont no why. Everytime I think about it I feel sick. Is this part of depression or something else?

Advice much appreciated.

<div align="right">Originally posted by CHEZ1 - 22 August 2006 : 19:13:09</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I'm scared of doing any housework

pete~ Ill get you ironing yet!

Chez~ i wouldnt say i have a phobia of ironing, but i do get anxious if it builds up, knowing ill have to stand there longer with the heat of the iron etc.

I do have one strange fear though, deep fat fryers! scare the hell out me. Im ok if someone else is using them, but i refuse to use them myself. They make that awful sound when you put the chips in and when you open it to check, it sounds like its going to take off!
    Becci x

Hi Becci,

Snap with the deep fat fryer. When my kids were small the only chips they had were oven or chip shop chips. My mum used to bring her fryer down once a week and the kids would have crunchy fried chips although I wouldnt be in the house while she did them lol. To this day I have never fried chips in the house - and never will lol

Take care

Clare

Obstacles are those horrible things you see when you take your mind off your goals (",)

im not alone!! lol theyre awful aint they?! evil things.
    fryphobia! lol

I wont do shallow fry eaither though, like sausages etc, especially eggs, they spit at me!

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
    I do have one strange fear though, deep fat fryers! scare the hell out me. Im ok if someone else is using them, but i refuse to use them myself. They make that awful sound when you put the chips in and when you open it to check, it sounds like its going to take off!
    Becci x

<div align="right">Originally posted by Wannabeloved85 - 26 August 2006 : 10:20:48</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    They can be dangerous though, so it's not that strange. Strange phobia is.. mine of Mashed Potatoe hahaha. EUGH! it's evil!

Pete

Is it a plate of mashed potato you hate or mash in general ie do you eat shepherds pie or will you steer clear of all mash? Personally I love mash but hate chips - (deep fat) fried or oven cooked lol

Take care

Clare

Obstacles are those horrible things you see when you take your mind off your goals (",)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information