Thread: Can they work in a week and a half????

Can they work in a week and a half????

Hi I've been taking fluoxetine for 11 days and the last 4/5 days have been good, there have been some low points but all in all very bearable, is it possible they're starting to work?? Xxx

Re: Can they work in a week and a half????

Hopefully yes as everyone is different, all I would say is enjoy feeling better and the good days but if you do have some bad days remember that they will not last and don't beat yourself up. it took me a lot longer and a real rollercoaster during which I hit rock bottom a number of times but it was so so worth it as I feel great now.

Thanku. I'm hoping it lasts and that I don't feel too bad to enjoy Christmas for the kids sake. Glad ur feeling so good. It is a horrible thing to have to deal with!! Xx

hi mum im on day 17 and for the last 6 days ive been fine tonite though i ad a feelin of anxitey creeping up so i had a take a diazepam im hoping its just a one off as like you i want to enjoy xmas with my children and family .its a horrible thing to ave ive never experianced any feeling like it .xx take care

thats good im glad u too are feeling good, i sometimes in the evenings get a bit of a odd feeling and start having irrationable thoughts but i just occupy myself or go to bed and then the next day im ok, xx

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

sorry meant irrational x

As Janine says everyone is different. It is possible that the fact that you have started taking fluoxetine and being positive that the medication will help you, is making you feel better before the medication has really kicked in.

For me, I notice a difference after just one week. Sometimes I feel a little better just knowing I've done something good for myself.

Thread Information