Thread: Setraline worked for me

Setraline worked for me

I have always suffered from anxiety, but it rarely interfered with my life as I had strategies that worked and have always been an anxious person. However, over the past year or so I was experiencing intrusive thoughts - and I started to not want to go out on my own in case I had a panic attack- even though I forced myself to. This summer it just got too much - thinking about it as soon as I woke up - it was starting to control me, and suddenly it clicked - why am I suffering if drugs could actually help me ?! Because like alot of anxious people, taking any sort of new medication causes anxiety in itself, I had tried all the herbal remedies - which did have some effect and meditation which also has its place but the chemicals in my brain had gone beyond that.
    Anyway, I went to my doctor and she put me on 50mg of setraline and I have been on them for 3 months and I have found them to be very effective.
    The side effects were minimal- there was one night where I wound myself up thinking should I be taking these but literally within a few days the intrusive thoughts had lessened. I can honestly say I feel like myself again. I have got my independence back. Dont get me wrong there will be days when you still feel a bit anxious - but you have to accept some anxiety is a result of our personality and no drug can completely change that!
    Honestly if you are suffering do go to your doctor because you will feel much better for trying these if you are like me! Good luck.

Re: Setraline worked for me

it worked for me to. It caused all my problems to go away, and after a few strange nights sleep and clenching my jaw. These had both stopped. The cause of my problems has now gone away, and I have been able to cut down slowly and have now stopped taking them. So yipee I am me again.

I agree better to take them and help yourself feel better than suffer alone.

Thread Information