Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: work related problems need advice

Re: work related problems need advice

I have been to Occupational Health who said that if work want to meet with me they have to come to my home! Work are refusing to visit me at home so a lot of good that did.

Ah I see. My work did mention "agreeing a venue" so no doubt that meant it could be work, home or neutral.

However it's the face-to-face and the discussing work I'm not happy about, but will do so if forced.

Mark

My doctor has written a letter to say that 'I am not fit to attend a meeting' and my Union rep has requested that the meeting be rescheduled to a date that suits him. he will visit me at home to get to know everything about me and then he will represent me at the sickness review meeting. I hope every one else in this thread has got things sorted?

I've been referred now for occupational health advice. I'll go to the meeting if I have to

Hoping they'll decide it should be postponed though.

Mark

I went to my Occupational Health meeting, from my experience of those they are very supportive. It is the sickness reviews with my manager that stress me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I went to my Occupational Health meeting, from my experience of those they are very supportive. It is the sickness reviews with my manager that stress me out.
    We don't have meetings any more, it's not cost effective, I suppose. Our Occ Health provider carries out the consultation over the phone. I used to prefer the face-to-face meetings TBH.

Mark

Yesterday I emailed my work and asked them if I could be relocated from my London office to my Glasgow office. im originally from Glasgow and I believe part of my anxiety and depression was caused by having no friends and family around and the general London madness. My wife desperately wants to move home and her work are allowing her to move. We have already agreed to taking a flat next month in Glasgow and are committed to moving so if my work says no to a relocation then I'm going to resign due to ill health,my wife has agreed this is what we should do.
    On the one hand I have a well paid job and I think I would be committing career suicide but on the other hand I despise my job and it makes me utterly miserable. I desperately need some counselling or psychology as I'm not sure what I'm doing in my life but for 10weeks now since I've been signed off,I've been passed from pillar to post on the NHS and the only thing that has been done has been increasing my meds which has had little effect. I spend most of the day in bed eating and avoiding the world and I've got no motivation to do anything.its like a bad nightmare.

P.S sorry for rambling,just need to vent.

Ghostd I hope your work will agree with the relocation. I know the other option may sound a little drastic but if I end up having to leave work due to ill health, my husband just said, "so what, I would rather have you well and less money".

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Ghostd I hope your work will agree with the relocation. I know the other option may sound a little drastic but if I end up having to leave work due to ill health, my husband just said, "so what, I would rather have you well and less money".
    Thanks Annie, that's what my wife said too although my mind is doing overtime with worry and guilt that if it comes to that she will resent me.My mind is also doing overtime about what my work thanks of me,they must think I'm bad and lazy for being signed off for so long and theyre looking for a way to get rid of me etc etc. I read on a legal website that they can't sack you unless they've tried everything to help you get back to work so I hope by asking for relocation I'm putting something out for them to work with .

I'm sure a lot of the worries I have are in my mind and not real but it feels so real. It's awful what we put ourselves through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostd View Post
    My mind is also doing overtime about what my work thanks of me,they must think I'm bad and lazy for being signed off for so long and theyre looking for a way to get rid of me etc etc.
    I have been thinking the exact same thing! My husband got some legal advise on it and they can't sack you as such but they can dismiss you with a lump sum payment or go through the unable to work due to illness were you can get your pension early. Hopefully it won't come to that for either of us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information