Thread: Retired!

Retired!

Hi. All. To put the record straight. I WAS a Counsellor but am now retired. Anything I say on this site has no connection with the Administrators of the site. I have no connection with them whatsoever and any opinions expressed are my own. Other than the normal checks they are not responsible for any of my posts. Best wishes. joe.

Re: Retired!

Thanks Joe, you have been giving some really good advise and it is appreciated.

Hi. Annie. Thanks for your kind remarks. One thing I have learned over the years is that those who suffer are some of the most courageous people I have met. They may go about it in the wrong way at times, but their spirit is so encouraging. You will have realised by now that I went through the mill myself some years ago and I was pretty rough. It was only through the help of a Jungian psychologist and an understanding wife that I pulled through as I did, and went on to train in counselling. Anyone with a friend who helps is indeed fortunate. They say that a friend is someone who asks no questions but just is there to hold you hand when you need them. How true. Thanks again for your post. joe.

You are so right Joe, I am fortunate to have a very supportive husband who never stresses about anything and has never felt anxiety but he knows how bad it can be by seeing me go through it. I also have a very good friend who as you say will just call in and sit and hold my hand while I pour out all my troubles. I am determined to beat this. If there is one thing I could change it is for me to have confidence in myself and not care what people say or do to try to pull me down. I have had a lot of trauma in the past and it still haunts me but I will be starting intensive Psychotherapy soon so hoping it will help.

If I may say so, Annie, you have the right attitude and I am sure you will pull through. So many give up and retreat into their 'comfort zone'. It may seem strange to you but they are happier there rather than face the responsibilities that recovery brings. Most, however, want to get out of it as fast as possible. Takes all sorts. Best wishes. joe.

Thread Information