Thread: Inflamed mole - advice needed

Inflamed mole - advice needed

Hello everyone,

I was posting here recently about my mole that turned out to be abnormal and now I am waiting for another check in three months. I know it is wrong but since that time I became totally fixated on my moles, every week I find a new one that looks dangerous to me.

I have a raised mole on my waistline, it is round, brown with darker patch inside. I have seen several doctors in the last years about skin cancer and moles check and nobody ever said that this mole looked anything suspicious. So today I have noticed that it became red and swollen, probably inflamed. Obviously now after hours of staring at the mole looks sinister and that something is really wrong with it Probably it is even itching now.
    My HA yells that I should run to my GP as fast as I can and my rational self says that I am panicking for nothing as usual.

Please, I need your advice, shall I indeed see a doctor as any changes in moles should be monitored? Or is it really nothing and I should try to relax ?

Re: Inflamed mole - advice needed

hi!
    i have several moles and some are raised some are flat some are big etc i have one on my back and i knock it all the time (as its big and raised) it goes red and inflamed and hurts like mad when i knock it! I am not a doctor though and it is always best to visit the doctors just to put your mind at rest
    With my ha if i concentrate on something enough that something will always happen whether it be a rash a pain anything. Like you say the more you look at it the more you notice different things, Please try not to worry i know its hard like you say your rational and ha side. But dont worry hun xxxx
    Last edited by Liziik; 10-12-12 at 01:01. Reason: spelling :D

Re: Inflamed mole - advice needed

Thanks for your reply. I will try to calm down and wait until I see my GP next time.

Thread Information