Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another pregabalin diary...

Re: Yet another pregabalin diary...

How's it going Mark if you don't mind me asking - it's sounding like the pregabablin is being quite effective (?)

No mate, ask away I'm happy someone's interested Here we go:

Third week on Pregabalin (alongside existing Mirtazapine).

Well week 3 has been really promising. Saw the Doc on the 17th and increased my dosage to 450mg. Tuesday and Wednesday, I had a noticeable feeling of calm, lasting most of the day. Any minor stresses still got me mentally anxious, but I was able to deal with these quickly because my body wasn't physically reacting as it normally would (I'm sure you have all experienced these reactions: clenched jaw, cold sweat, churning stomach, cold grip in heart and throat, bowels...well you get the picture).

Today my wife had a procedure at hospital and I had to get up 3 hours earlier than usual, plus I had to listen to piped music in the waiting room for 2 hours, but felt a calm equilibrium.

I feel a bit more agitated now, but I'm hoping that the calm wasn't just a passing phase brought on by the dosage increase.

The other day I lost the calm feeling fast so I was able to compare the effect of Pregabalin, and at it's best it's a huge difference. It seems quite subtle at first, but maybe that's because it works slowly.

Anyway fingers crossed that what I've felt the last few days is not a side effect but a therapeutic effect which will continue.

It's so frustrating, it feel like this drug gives me glimpses (for hours, days) then just take it away and I crash back down.

It's cruel.

I felt so anxious I took my second dose way too early, and now my head is spinning, I feel drunk.

Still persevering with this drug. I need to get better and get back to work and "normality".

Hi Mark, your last post struck a chord with me, I need to get better too and get back to work, have been off for 3 months. I am just so up and down at the moment, feel calm and happy half the day and irritable and fed up the rest of it. Am struggling with the tiredness as well ,( assuming it is from the meds ).
    Hope your periods of calm continue to increase. All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    Hope your periods of calm continue to increase. All the best to you.
    Thank you. I really appreciate that.

Day 22 on Preg, 5th day on 450mg

It's been a roller-coaster ride these past 3-and-a-bit weeks.

However, given that I had the most harrowing OH interview (over the phone) I've felt like there's been a great degree of progress today.

I've been angry due to my treatment by Occ. Health. but instead of becoming an emotional mess I emailed a complaint to the OH provider, got some Union advice and arranged a face-to-face discussion with work (28 day sickness review).

So yes, angry, annoyed and upset. But not particularly anxious - felt physically, if not mentally, quite calm.

Took my double dose later today (about 9 hours after the single dose) and I feel OK, no major side effects.

I feel much less agitated than I would normally be considering the stressful day.

Hope it continues

Hi Mark,just read your Pregabalin diary,Wow! you are going through it still things seem to be calming down a bit for you & I hope it continues.I will make another appointment at surgery to see another doc as the one I normally see will not prescribe the Pregabalin for me,I will also download some of the blogs on here to take with me as evidence.Do you know of any more info that this drug is for anxiety my doc just says it a pain killer.
    Good luck with your revovery Mark

Cheers for now

strat61

To be fair my Doc said he'd only ever prescribed it for nerve pain, but to his credit he looked it up on his drug database and Generalised Anxiety Disorder was listed.

Print these out for your Doc from trusted sites:

(look at the second paragraph under "Your Medicine")

http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pa...0mg%20capsules

(this info from Boots is lifted from the official British Medical Journal)

http://www.webmd.boots.com/anxiety-p...ety-pregabalin

Is great you're watching what you eat despite feeling stressed and extra hungry.
    It seems like the meds are starting help?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious_gal View Post
    Is great you're watching what you eat despite feeling stressed and extra hungry.
    It seems like the meds are starting help?
    It's very up and down, Anxious_gal, although I'm still hopeful.

Certainly the side-effects are minimal now, just a pretty raging thirst at times.

However, I don't feel a great deal better than I did before I started taking them, but as my diary shows I have had some short periods of genuine calm.

I still think it's calming my body to some extent but not my mind, which is still anxious, over-sensitive and obsessing over minor things.

Still got my fingers crossed it'll help in the long run though, and I'm only on day 2 of the maximum dosage

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information