Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Every Single Morning!!!!

Every Single Morning!!!!

Hello all! I am new here. My name is Jenelle and I live in California. I have suffered with panic and anxiety for most of my adult life.

For the past 2 years, I wake up every single morning with horrible anxiety. The butterflies in my stomach make me so nauseous and I am running to the bathroom first thing in the morning. I have to take .5 mg of Ativan just to get myself functioning. It usually takes me a couple of hours to feel like I can get through my day.

Every night when I go to sleep, I tell myself I won't have the horrible anxiety and every morning I wake up with it. It is like this doom is hanging over my head.

Is it going to be like this for the rest of my life? Is there anyway for me to get a grip on this? It is taking over my life!! :(

Jenelle

hi jenelle, what are you taking or doing to treat this? do you exercise to help your symptoms? love april xx

apriltones

Hi April!

I am currently taking 75 mg of Zoloft and about .5-1mg of Ativan daily. I haven't started an exercise program yet. Does that help alleviate this anxiety?

Jenelle

Hi Janelle,

Exercise is a great help as is what you eat.

You might want to read First Steps on the website or in the introduction section of this forum.

You could try rescue remedy ( put it in the search facility up top for explanation if you need it ) at bedtime and to sip if you awake in the night and take neat upon wakening .

Also drink some fizzy water first thing and try to get a few burps going , plus think about what you're actually nervous of/ what you're thinking about or whether this is now an established pattern and you need to press through it time and again to break the habit.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Hi Jenelle,
    so it's not just living in rainy old Britain that gives us the anxiety then? Just joking it doesn't matter where you are does it. But you have come to the right place the people on here are brilliant and will give you lots of support.
    Take care,
    Tess

Hi Jenelle,
    I find that exercise definetly does help reduce the anxiety. It doesn't have to anything too rigorous - I normally find that walking around town for a little while does it for me. If I don't do it, I do find that I feel anxious in bed at night and when I wake up the next day.
    Take care.
    Sarah (seh1980)

exercise helps me too. How long you been on meds/ have you had review with doctor yet?

apriltones

Hi Jsmom, I have like yourself suffered anxiety, Panic and agoraphobia most of my life. Although with me it comes for a year or so then leaves again each time with different symptoms. This time it returned just before Xmas and like you I feel so anxious in the mornings not long after waking its real horrible. I am on antidepressants but not tranquillisers and like you I sometimes have to take a Valium to calm down; I also have to run to the toilet. Sometimes it’s so frightening and I shake real bad, but this usually seems to pass after I get up but takes a few hours. Other times it don’t pass and leaves me unbelievable tired. Well I cant help you with this morning anxiety but thought you would feel better to know you are not alone with these horrible symptoms take care hope it passes soon Vernon

hi vernon and jenelle. That is where i used to run too to escape my panic attacks. Its funny that we choose toilet, love ap[ril x

apriltones

Hi JsMom

I also suffer with horrible jitters in my stomach every morning, some mornings worse than others. I find exercise helps me and finding a quiet place to do some relaxing breathing exercises. I am having reflexology sessions and yesterday the therapist told me that every morning when I wake up and every evening before I go to sleep I shhould repeat these words about 20 times " every day in every way I feel more and more relaxed",I don't know if it will help but it's worth a try.Am going to do some strenuous gardening now to try and get rid of the butterflies !! Take care of yourself, speak soon.

Elaine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information