Thread: 'Heat' in colon?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

'Heat' in colon?

I've had pain today, which I assume is ibs (had ibs for years). I've also been feeling a bit s**k (have severe emetophobia) and acidy. At the moment it feels like there's heat building up in my colon, across my belly, above belly button, and down each side a bit. No wind moving around, just bloated and this heat.

Anyone get this? I ate out last night and am freaking!

Re: 'Heat' in colon?

If you had food poisioning you'd probably know about it by now

Did you eat spicy food? Weird symptoms like the one you describe are probably either that, or something not agreeing with you, or just random anxiety symptoms.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thanks for replying. I hadn't eaten anything spicy, or unusual for me. I get these episodes of bloating and acid that go on for days which I think might be hormone related, it was probably just that!

I would say its a case of acid in your digestive tract. I get that too I remember when I was younger describing it like I feel like I have lava all in my tummy. Sorry if this is tmi but when you fart does it feel really hot and stinky? Cos usually when I feel hot inside that happens to me.

I think its usually your body's reaction to some foods. I know my tummy doesnt like some take out foods because they may seem unusual and I dont usually eat that kind of food so my tummy plays up on me when I eat things that are different to what I usually eat.

I wouldnt worry about it too much just keep up your maximum dose of antacid medication if you have any and hopefully that will do the trick for you and maybe drink alkalising drinks to help deplete the acid.

All the best.

Thanks pinkroxy, what you say makes sense - and yes, I do get the hot stinky farts sometimes lol!

Being emetophobic means I over-analyse every single body sensation and worry all the time.

Hey dont worry about it Im the same at times.

I always wonder whether I need to see a doctor or not. I hate having a mild ear ache it comes randomly but not always there. Its not enough to think I have an ear infection but then I wonder what if I did and didnt go to the doctor.

Its annoying aye but I do know what you mean by worrying about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelai View Post
    I've had pain today, which I assume is ibs (had ibs for years). I've also been feeling a bit s**k (have severe emetophobia) and acidy. At the moment it feels like there's heat building up in my colon, across my belly, above belly button, and down each side a bit. No wind moving around, just bloated and this heat.

Anyone get this? I ate out last night and am freaking!

Had this heat thing for 2 weeks now plus ibs / gurgling and a stabbing pain in my right hand side high up which also burns .
    Only came on the site after months of keeping away only to find the first post someone has the same as me .
    I,m on acid meds and this burning isnt the same its in the wrong place

I know this is an old post but this is exactly what I get! When I feel acidy antacids don't work because it is in my gut, not my stomach. I too get the hot, stinky farts (tmi!) and I feel it burn all the way through my colon. It usually starts on the right hand side under my rib. Maybe it is because we have hypersensitivity in the gut?

Thread Information