Thread: what to do when the small steps arent working?

what to do when the small steps arent working?

hey,
    So my occupational therapist put me on a self-desentisation plan. take small steps down the street etc. That started in May. were in.... August and im still only about 12 doors down, 4 doors down is my only safety bubble. But i dont feel its working. I HATE it.

My attacks arent that bad campared the those who are having panic attacks throughout the day numerous times. But i feel awful. Its the breathing that worries me most. aswell as the neighbours, the neighbourhood, the strangers walkign up and down,the milk man, the post lady, everything! I feel like its not working, im too wrapped up in it all. Is there anything else i can do? i once considered a cpn {which i was origanally supposed to get} and have someone take me out. But i cant even do this with a family member, so i blew that idea right out of the window.

I see my mum go to the shop every so often and talk on the street to neghbours etc, and thinking back when she wouldnt even leave the house, its amazing, but i wont even go anywhere with her, she makes me more nervous, i dont know weather its because i apparently learnt my behaviour from her or not though. Im not great on my own for longperiod {longer than say 5-10 minutes} or if i know i cant get on touch with anyone, or theyve gone a fair distance {something else i learned from mum!} But to say,. im more comfortable with mum indoors, i hate being outside with her! it makes me sooo nervous.

Im at a stand still as to what to do. The small steps are so not working. I feel a pratt going for a walk 3-4 houses down and turnign around to walk back. i need some purpose, and yes becoming well again is a purpose but not a purpose to actually get some where. like id go to my sisters, but we dont really get on, her bf takes the p**s out of me for being housebound etc.

I think im gonna scream!
    Becci

Hi there Becci - you are so NOT a pratt - you are amazing - l2 houses is brilliant- it can take longer but you are making such HUGE progress - well done you - Ive been hjyperventilating all day at work today and being dizzy and panicky and keep having to rush to the loo and get a drink of water and calm down - you are doing great - keep going - you WILL get there - i believe in you! Love wenjoy xxx

Don't give up hun, you will get there in the end, a few steps is better than none at all.

Take care,

Polly x

Thanks guys,
    I guess i should just. . . stip worrying. any progress is better than the none i had before. Im just finding it so hard to leave the house and walk!
    Becci x

Hello Becci,just want to add my congrats on making it this far,it is amazing!And take no notice of the piss takers of this world,they are not worth your sweat!The small steps,doesnt matter how long it takes ,as long as you get there in the end!Every extra inch you walk is further to freedom,and please remember to be pleased with your self too,it is vital to your progress.We walk every inch with you Becci ,us on here!And are as proud as punch of yur progress.It is the doing of it that is soooo hard i know,so much easier to look out the window and think about doing it!!So pat yourself on the back girl,you doing brilliant!Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Aww thanks mary rose. I am actually feeling a bit better now. Still anxious bout it all etc, but i suppose ill use it to learn how it wont hurt me. All this time, you'd think we'd all get the message buy now wouldnt ya! lol
    Becci x x x

So glad you are feeling more positive Becci,it is not always easy is it hun?Hey have you read Nicola's cbt driving therapy diary???It is inspirational,and i tell you it got me out of the house and to concerts.YES CONCERTS!I couldnt even go out the house when i joined here in feb!Give it a go,shows what a determined mind can achieve but also how a bad day can set us back!A stunning read hun!You keep on keeping on too,you are doing brilliantly!Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

ill give nicolas cbt thread a read. I actually remember you joining in feb, You have come a very long way, well done yourself!
    Becci x

hi there beccs

sounds good to me keep it up!
    good for you no small task i feel
    you mention that yours is less severe than others may be
    this is typical of someone experiencing what you are
    you are no less important than the others put yourself up there no 1
    and go for it

do not dismiss the cpn idea
    he she will not be the same as your family
    achieve your goals by taking achievable small steps

take on the challenge beccs

www.needtimeout.co.uk

stress management nurse therapist hypnotherapy councelling relaxation holistic indian head massage aromatherapy face neck shoulder massage hand made soaps

Thread Information