Thread: Does 5mg to 10mg make a difference?

Does 5mg to 10mg make a difference?

I've been taking 5mg's of Cipralex for 37 days now and have been told to up to 10mg's now. 5mg's seemed to be taking away my day time anxiety up until this week but I am getting some nervousness during the day now though don't know if I am building myself up about increasing my doseage as I am very sensitive to ssri's and only started out on 2-50mg's for 9 days then moved up to 5mg's which wasn't so bad at all. I'm now trying to go up in another half tablet hopefully to start the full 10mgs next week.
    Those of you who switched to 10, did you find this took away anxiety pretty quickly, I know every one is different? Or did you get side effects and see a gradual difference?
    I was on regular Citalopram 3 times and it's always when I upped from 10mg's to 20mg's that I had panic attacks, though Cipralex does list panic attacks as been a very rare side efect I know on the accompanying leaflet.
    Last edited by karenp; 13-12-12 at 12:16.

Re: Does 5mg to 10mg make a difference?

any one (:

side effects and gradual but profound difference once 10mgs settled in. I gradually went up from 2.5 to 5 to 10 mgs over a year ago. Still a blip once in a while but sooooo much better than before. Worth the effort. If you tolerate 5 mgs chances are 10 will do the trick without too much discomfort. Suggestion, go up to 7.5 for a week or so and then 10mg if you feel you still need a little more. 10mg is the usual recommended therapeutic dosage. Good luck.

Thank you, I am going up just as you have said but though I found going up to 5mg's easy going up to 7.50mg's has givenme a lot more increased anxiety but hopefully it will pass soon and I'll stay on that dose a couple of weeks before upping agian to 10mgs.

Thread Information