Thread: So i have an abscess on my jaw :(

So i have an abscess on my jaw :(

why does the idea of an abscess scare the life out of me i literally believe im going to get blood poisoning :( there is no teeth where the abscess is and when i have had one before i get antibiotics and then they take the tooth out but if there is no tooth then what on earth do they do? the doctor has prescribed me antibiotics which i am going to start now. But why do i think the im going to die from it? i am resisting googling but i want to know the ins and out of an abscess, has anybody else had one? xx

Re: So i have an abscess on my jaw :(

Hi,
    I had an abscess on the other side of my mouth to where the actual pfroblem was, and the agony was on the left side and abscessed when the actual tooth that was the problem causing it was the right side. I had antibiotics which cleared it away, but i still had to have the tooth took out at the back as it was cracked and could risk infecting again, so i had it took out and i havnt had a pain or abscess since. I did actually have a tooth were it was at like i said, but my point is it was at the oppsite side, therefore your abscess could be where it is now but to do with another tooth. Depending what your dentist says obviously, but if you take your antibiotics then you shouldnt even be at risk of getting blood poisoning anyway, plus your dentist would of said if he/she was majorly concerned, seriously just take the antiobiotics and then see what your dentist says, i was a state when i had mine, i never had any filling or anything and then all of a sudden this and then getting my tooth out, i thought i would die from it but the antibiotics will clear it up and stop any spreading in no time, mine was treated within 3-5 days if that. Its really not nice having an abscess but like i say a few days it be gone and your dentist will explain what happens nest, please dont google anything as i did and it made me worse, just take things as they come x

Thread Information