Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thunder (again)

thunder (again)

ok once again thunder is about and i was so scared earlier i thought id stop breathing or scream and it didnt even thunder! i shook so much!
    this fear is so bad and we are forecast it tonight. im so scared the panic will kill me or drive me insane.
    please can anyone give me any coping stratagies? this is beginning to take over my life and worries me sick. i have 4 kids to be here for (im single) and im really so scared :(
    em x

hi em,
    i know what its like. we've just had thunder here and i dont like it one bit. try to keep your self occupied. maybe whatch a film or something. i cleaned my house to keep my self occupied this after noon. oh well at least i dont have to do it tomorrow. hope you feel better.
    take care, hun
    twiglet xx

hi sassy

yep we have had thunder only a bit but i hate it i have tryed not to let it show that it bothers me as my little girl is like me and panics when it starts
    jodie

try no www.nopanic.org.uk they have tapes and things that can help. I do know that they have one for problems of this nature.

hi. took half a diazepam to calm down and went to sleep about 1am. i was so tired that i didnt even notice when it apparently thundered at 3:30am
    sighh i can laugh now but ive checked the weather over 40 times today lol

As I said before Em, go and see an hypnotherapist and get rid of the thunder phobia. I understand that you can get rid of a phobia using NLP - NeuroLinguistic Programming as well in about 20 minutes, so you reall don't need to suffer.

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
    www.alphadynamics.com

the best way to sort out a phobia like this is to understand it. what exactly is it about thunder that bothers you? is it the sound, the lightning?

do a search on it, find out what causes it. always know your enemy

Hi sassy

Glad you're feeling a bit more positive now. Luckily I don't worry about thunder (unless I'm camping!), and my little girl loves it.

But I understand nervously checking the weather..... its hot weather that I hate. When its really hot I start to panic. When I get PAs I get hot sweats and always wonder whether its the start of a panic or just the weather. Then you start looking for other symptoms and make yourself worse...

I usually try to distract myself by doing other things and concentrate on breathing properly, though its certainly not easy. Sometimes I'm a right chatterbox to my hubby just to keep my brain occupied. ha ha

Lisa.

silly me-woke up at 7am and checked the weather..shows heavy thunder at 4am tomorrow, so now instead of enjoying my sunday, im working myself into a frenzy and its hours away!!
    breathing doesnt work-i just seem to hyperventilate. i never had this fear before my son was born a little over 2 yrs ago.

when i feel thunder about (especially during the day), it makes me feel claustrophobic-like i cant breath. at night its the lightening and knowing whats next that scares me rigid.

It's the "lack of control thing", not being able to control what happens and when, which is at the base of most anxiety/phobias. It just manifests itself in the form of many fears and phobias.

It all boils down to positive thinking over negative thinking. Thinking the best rather than the worst.

I KNOW what the theory is, just can't put it into practise!

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information