Thread: Still not feeling too well after 4.5 weeks

Unhappy Still not feeling too well after 4.5 weeks

I've been taking sertraline for 4.5 weeks now, after 12 years on clomipramine. I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety and in the past year or so the clomipramine has become less and less effective. Recently I have been waking up choking, coughing and unable to breathe. I have to try to force air into my lungs and eventually I can take a breath. The choking attacks have lessened and improved somewhat, and I am having better days, but still have some off days when I have to take a diazepam, cannot abide loud noises (ie my grandchildren lol) and worst of all I wake up every morning feeling quite depressed. It takes agood few hours to come out of this horrible 'down' feeling. Is this usual for sertraline? Or is it just me and this dark, depressing time of year?

Re: Still not feeling too well after 4.5 weeks

Hi
    What dose are you on ? I have been on Sertraline for about 7 - 8 weeks now only 2 weeks at 100mg. I to find loud noises intolrable. I can say it does get easier but it still have a few more months. Getting more good days than bad is positive and my little boy is starting to make my smile bigger x

Re: Still not feeling too well after 4.5 weeks

Hi joylewis, thanks for replying. I'm on 100mg a day at the moment. I started on 50mg, but after 2 wks, I was feeling worse so the dr upped the dose to 100 mg. At the same time I am coming off clomipramine; down to 25mg a day from 100mg. The clomipramine wasn't working for me anymore - that's after 12 yrs of generally good results. From reading other posts, I see that ssri's do not work for everyone, but I will give it a fair go. Hope u r feeling better soon too.

Thread Information