Thread: valium

valium

hi, im having a huge panic attack at the moment due to a million reasons, main one being the thunder fear.
    i have had diazepam 5mg on me for months but have never felt the need to take one till now. ive just taken half (on advice of mum) and now im worried about the effect it'll have on me.
    are diazepam safe?
    em :(

Hi Sassy

Valium (diazepam) are not unsafe unless they are taken continuously and then our bodies become used to them and that is when they can be physically/psychologically addictive.

I would not worry about taking 2.5mg. I am in the process of a severe reduction in diazepam (as I got addicted to them) and in hindsight I wish I had never started them in the first place.

If your mum had not advised you to take one, had you a coping strategy to deal with your fears?

Take care of yourself.

Fran X

the breathing technique went out the window and all i felt was blind panic and i couldnt stop crying so i called my mum as i felt i was going to either be sick or collapse. i felt utterly helpless and im alone with 4 kids which is why i took one.
    i feel a little calmer but my body is so tense it aches. for a split second i wished i was dead-ive felt panicky all day today and i feel utterly exhausted and at the end of my tether :(
    im scared a panic attack will kill me..isnt that ridiculous?

Sassy

Diazepam are very safe when not abused or taken long term and it will calm you down.

That is a low dose so you will be fine ok?

Hope you feel better soon

Nicola

Hi Em,

I used to take an SSRI called Seroxat(Fluoxetine) and when an attack was particularly severe, Diazepam.

Diazepam (Valium) is a benzodiazepine and as such can be highly addictive if taken regularly. But if you just take it occasionally in small doses when you really, really need it then it is perfectly ok.

You can get rid of your fear of thunder with hypnotherapy, which might help to lessen your PA.s, and please get the free ebook on stress from the address below - I think it will help.

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
    www.alphadynamics.com

Thread Information