Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

Lightbulb How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

Hi All, I must say that my first days on Fluoxetine are not easy. This is my 6th day and this evening is the worst ever:( usually i am feeling panicy in the morning but today even evening is a struggle:(I went out first time in 5 days for a 5 min walk outside and it helped to relax a little bit. My boyfriend bought me also no alcoholic rose ... it helps a bit as well. What are you doing to stop anxiety build up? Thank you very much for all tips

Re: How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

I don't have any tips, you just got to get through each day the best you can and know that the side effects will subside. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Hi Princess,
    Cant believe it my hubby also brought me in a bottle of non-alcoholic wine, was not that keen on it, but just having a glass in my hand, gave me some comfort(how sad am I).
    Are these the first anti-depressants you have been on? I had been on mirtazipane before
    this for a few months, but the side effects were nothing like this, unfortunately they did nothing for my anxiety. Come on girl, chin up, we can get through this together & when we are both well, we will drink not just wine but Champagne, we deserve it xx

I'm starting medication tomorrow, so hopefully we can ride out the first few weeks together ! x

My rose wasn't to good but like you discribed just holding a glass feels good yes, this is my first AD. I did't feel great before taking them. I had very stressfull few months recently in my privet life and lots and lots of stress at work. Since about September I knew that I really need a rest but I decide to keep going and work 12h a day... And about 6 weeks ago I started to have panic attacks in the morning and during the day as well till last week on tusday when I woke up and had a massive brake down...since then I am at home and feel terrible... Thank you so much for support

Hi Princess,
    So sorry to hear of your breakdown, that must of been very scary, but together we will get you through this.
    I had my first panic attack 2 yrs ago while on holiday in Spain, came totally out of the blue, only had 1 more since but developed anxiety through it, thought I was having a heart attack, like you very scary. Took me about 4 months before I went back to work, always had the fear of another attack, even now it can creep up on me, but I try & distract myself any way I can until it blows over. We will get through this & we will be stronger people because of it I am sure. Take care & speak soon. If you want to chat any time just message me xx

Thank you so much you can also contact me at any time I hope you are having good day. I manage to finish my online Christmas shopping today which I am proud of becouse that would be impossible few days ago. Feeling very dizzy today and I think seating all day on the sofa doesn't help but I just have no motivation to do anything.

Hi Princess,
    Another not good sleep, feeling quite zombified this morning & shaky. Hoping a cup of tea will help. Yesterday mid afternoon i got a couple of hours where the nausea left so managed half a bowl of tomato soup, & felt really full afterwards, hoping it happens again today.
    How you today Princess? hope you had a good night. Speak to you later xx

Good Morning i had accualy no bad sleep went to bed about 12.30 and woke up at 6am when my boyfriend went to his work. I manage to fall a sleep again but had a terrible nightmare so I had to take diazepam to calm me down. Normally if G (my boyfriend ) is here I would just calm down in few minutes but when I am at home alone especially now this is impossible and I would feel panicky all morning. I know I am such a drama ... I never been like this ever... Afraid of own shadow... Do you feel like this as well sometimes? Yesterday similar to you about 10pm I felt quiet relaxed and manage to eat couple toasts with butter. This morning I am just going to have some smoothie hope you are having good day ]I hope you start feeling better soon [

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenita View Post
    I'm starting medication tomorrow, so hopefully we can ride out the first few weeks together ! x
    Hi Laurenita, i hope you ok is it your first day on fluo today? xxx

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

OMG!!! I never exprience such a horrible Shakes EVER!!! I couldn't put my contacts on!!! Is it normal????
    Last edited by Princess2206; 17-12-12 at 18:53.

Hi Princess,
    I have had another sh-- day, anxiety ott, nausea, & yes shakes, Dont think it helps not sleeping. Hope you had an ok day as you were on your own which is hard. I went to work this morning but left early as felt so crap. Day 8 tomorrow, fingers crossed it will be a better day.
    Janine can I ask, was fluox your first a/d or had you tried others? xx

Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information