Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

Re: How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

Princess I feel exactly the same, today feels worst yet, cant do anything, cant sit, cant watch telly, cant concentrate, just want the day over with. what day you on now?xx
    Hi Janine,
    Even work at the minute not taking my mind off this. its there 24/7. I am so tired & anxious, I keep bumping into things & getting flashes in the side of eye xx

It is 18th day today. I really hoped i feel a bit better by now but it really getting worse:( i so want to feel normal again. Are you still at Work Stormy? Hugs.

No didnt last long there, about 2 hrs tops, just could not wait to get home.
    Am still feeling horrendous, sometimes it lets up for a little while, but not today, it is continuous, am feeling at my wits end, Just sitting on sofa shaking my legs to try & get some respite xxx
    Is your boyfriend back from work yet? xxx

No,he is still at work till about 6pm and then he is going to pick up his kids which lives miles away so he will be back around 8. I still feel rubbish but a little bit better so ate banana and carrot smoothe. I read some other posts from this forum and some people feel better in week 3 but unfortunately it isn't me. Mornings and afternoons are just so so difficult :( do you have to travel far to your work Stormy? Have you eat anything today? Hugs xxx

No not far to work about 10-15 mins. Same as you on the time scale of feeling better, am still rubbish & only had i slice of toast & 1 rich tea biscuit, not sure if I will eat later as am quite nauseas at the moment, yes mornings & afternoons, definitely worst time of day xxx

Oh I really know how you feel. I wish we will have better day tomorrow. I feel so tired this evening even I spend all day on the sofa:/ I hope you have a good evening Stormy

Hope you both manage to get some sleep and have a better day tomorrow,xxxx

I just wanted to say hello and to say that you are not alone. I've been following your posts with interest and can relate to so many of the feelings.
    I took Fluoxetine for many years at low dose - maybe 40mg a week, this year I had increasing anxiety and decided to increase the dose to 20mg a day - well I went through horrible side effects like you have been describing on this thread, I thought it was never going to end, but it did.
    However, I was forever changing the dose and stopping and starting the Flouxetine and my GP said stop and try something else.
    I started Escitalopram 12 days ago and feel dreadful, worse than before starting it and I hadn't taken Fluorextine for 7 weeks.
    For the last week all I have wanted to do is lie on the sofa or in bed and wish the day away and it's getting worse. I feel low and anxious at the same time, I feel tired and hopeless. Sorry to sound so miserable but I felt that you guys could relate to this as you're going through it too and I can't imagine anyone else can really relate to this feeling of awfulness.
    Anyway, what I wanted to say was - hang in there, I'm constantly questioning whether the meds are right for me, if I'll be able to survive the day, lots of what if's and it's very hard but with the support of you guys I don't feel so alone
    Love and hugs, especially to those struggling
    Sam

Sam you are so right, unless you have suffered this horrible awfulness it is hard to describe to anyone, the reason I stay on here even though the flux and propanolol are working for me at the moment (thank God) is to help others through it and try and help them see there is light at the end of the tunnel, it is still all so vivid in my mind.

I have been reading your posts too and you were really brave to start just before Christmas, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you have better days soon.

Janinexxx

Why it has to be so difficult ?! Another awful morning. I hate wake up and feel like this. All shaky, sad, over thinking everything , stressed, feeling sick, tired,totally hopeles:( everyday i take another Fluoxetine and hope the next Morning will be better but is not. It is 19th day on this medication and i don't feel any better :( nothing makes me happy, i am nerve wrack without any hope i will be better. Night time is no to bad that is why usually i go to bed late around 1am and wish i can sleep 20h. I have sick note from my doctor till 3/01 but I really can't see feel much better by then. I hate myself that I feel like this. I am tired of just surviving day i want to live. How are you Stormy? I really hope you feel better than me. Samhar thank you very much for your support. So sorry you feel bad:( Keep posting how you doing. xxx

Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information