Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

Re: How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

Hi Supergirl. Early start for you today. They forcast snow for Scotland too for this afternoon and weekend. There is no better place than home when you don't feel good and is cold outside. Keeping nice and worm with a cup of decaf coffee or tea. I do have sore, itchy and red eyes nearly all the time. I need contacts and I yawning and watching TV constantly and I am very tired so I am not surprise they like this. I have slight vision problems occasionally. I hope you will have nice and calm day

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Hi Angelina, you are doing so well how did you feel before medication? I am still of work since 4/12 and still not ready to go back there.

Morning all, glad you had a good evening last night Princess, mornings were the worst for me for a long time even after I felt better even now I find it hard to get out of bed and I was never like that before all this. once I put my feet on the floor I am ok, it is just doing it. I feel a bit better today, headache is still there but not so bad so am now going to go through the house.

Kim with me it was shaky legs not hands strange how it effect people in different ways.

xxxx

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

we have snow forecast for today and tomorrow too so as I am at work at the weekend I am a bit concerned as where I work is well off the main roads, so we will have to wait and see, if it is really bad we will not open though as no one will want to visit.

xx

Are you off today Janine? What do you take for your headaches? Mornings are always been bad to me because I used to love sleep till 11am. Now I am waking up same time what G is going to work and can't stay in bed on my own because of anxiety.

I take Paramol which is the strongest painkiller you can buy, it is paracetomol and dihydrocodiene, it used to only be available on prescription as codydromol but it is cheaper to buy over the counter now. I do have proper migraine medication but do not like taking it as sometimes it makes me worse and also I have not taken any since I have been on all these other meds as not sure whether they would mix,

I was like you could not rest and go back to sleep again after my hubby went to work, I can now but a lot of the time I just doze and cuddle Murray and Ozzy, or I lay there awake but just do not want to get out, I do and once out I am fine, it is hard though as I have always been a morning person and this seems to have changed me. xx

Yes I am on day off today.

Not long now for you to have a weekend with G and hopefully you will have a good one. xxx

My best friend which I visited yesterday they have dental practice and beauty salon and they do lots of Botox to treat migraine. It relaxes muscles which helps a lot. Are you ever thought about this? Apparently it really makes big difference.

Yes I have heard that and maybe will give it a try. at the moment the propanolol that I am on is helping that too, this one is only the second one I have had in last couple of months whereas before I was getting them at least once a week sometimes 2 or 3 and they would last from 1 day to a week sometimes, a few years ago they tried me on propanolol to try and help and it just bought my blood pressure down too low and made me feel really ill so had to come off it. this time I was put on it to help with the anxiety so although I was apprehensive because of what had happened before I gave it a go and am on a much higher dose, so if anything good has come out of all this it is that.

Feeling a lot better today just tired still, how are you feeling now? xxx

Im calm but im stuck in the house!!! Went out in the car but its like a blizzard out there now so have come home n the school have just called to say they are closing early cos of the snow. Apparently its gonna snow all weekend here, im a bit apprehensive about that as my son is going to his Dads n ill be all alone, hope im not housebound :/
    Princess, i wear contacts too but ive been wearing my glasses as my eyes are so sore must be the lack of good quality sleep. Im up early all weekdays as have to get the boy to school...maybe a lie in tomorrow but i bet i wont sleep i also am a lay in bed till 11am girl usually its so frustrating!!
    Janine, i love Paramol i started using it in 07 for a back injury it was better than co-codamol i found, worryingly last time i tried to buy it at chemist they said they dont sell it anymore? x

That's good you feel better and that you are off today. How is the weather down in England? There is no snow so far in Midlothian and actually is nice and sunny but cold and windy. I feel no too bad today. Just spoke to mum over the phone. I Still have sore tummy and back but a little better than yesterday. My days are still like a rollercoaster one minute I feel fine and relax, then I feel anxiety building up follow by fear and depression and then I feel ok again. It is just constant mood swing. I have much more calm moments now compere to couple weeks ago. I don't have sweaty hands and feet any more or headache and from physical side effects I still have twitchy muscles which is annoying, yawning, shaky hands sometimes. I really try to be patient. I hope I will feel more motivated soon and think more positive. How you felt in week 6 Janine? Did you feel like yourself again or you still suffer some side effects ? xxx

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

They forecast snow here as well for this evening and weekend but shouldn't be to bad. I use one day contacts which are perfect as they softer and don't irritate my eyes. But some days I use glasses as well. Supergirl I know how difficult is to be alone at home when you don't feel good. I hate it too. I wish G can be with me all the time but same time I don't want him to use his holidays just be be stuck at home. xxx

It's funny reading that your all talking about cold and snow and today in Sydney it was 46 degrees. Hottest day on record. I had the kids inside with the air con blowing since we woke up and fans on and we were still hot inside.

Super girl I have had sore eyes and my eyes seem like they need glasses but I don't. When I try to read something it's a bit blurry. Weird.

Angelina my appetite went also. Still don't have it back. Princess will tell you the same thing. I think it's probably the most common side effect from what I have read on here.

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Janine glad you are feeling a little better. I have never had a migraine but I woke with a terrible head ache today and that was bad enough. The Botox idea sounds interesting. I know they also use it on people with Tourette's to help stop their ticks.

Princess my mood swings are like that also. Hopefully they settle down as the medication reaches a steady place.

We can swap the weather for few days Kim but 46 degrees sounds like a madness !!! I experience weather like this in Poland during summer time few times and in Rome few years ago and it is better just to stay at home. !

Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread Information