Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCD about speed camera

Re: OCD about speed camera

Nearly all speedos read over, by as much as 10%, so if yours said 34, chances are you were really only doing just over 30. You would have noticed the camera flash if it had, so if it didn't then you weren't going fast enough to trigger it.

Not all cameras have film in either, so some the flash don't even take a photo.

As a new driver though you do need to be careful about your speed because of the 6 points rule. Make sure when you come up to a camera, your speedo is saying you are at least a couple of mph under the speed limit just to be safe !

I will defiantly be making sure of that for the future.

The only problem is by the time it comes she will be away - she works abroad now and so there will be nobody to open it and re-direct it, unless my aunt looks at it for her.

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

and I normally go a lot slower than I should btw so it was quite out of character

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

I have the exact same thing regularly, I recently passed my test too and constantly think I've been speeding and that speeding cameras have flashed, all I keep expecting is a letter to drop through my door saying I have 3 points as a fine. I know exactly how you feel, this is not uncommon most people even without OCD think like this when they have just passed their test.
    Xxxxx

Hey Girlafraid, the "official" rule of thumb here in the UK is that speed cams are set to 10% + 2 mph so the chances are that you would have to be doing 36mph to set off the camera. I dont know where you got the figure of 14 days from, I've heard of folks getting a ticket after 3 days. Greed gets the better of them and they can't get them out quick enough...

Sorry to butt in. I was just wondering what the procedure is with police and radar guns? I say this because I had one pointed at me when I was going around 32-33mph max, reducing to 30. Do the police pull you over or is the procedure the same as with cameras - i.e. they take your details and send you a ticket? I'm 90% sure I'll be ok but was just wondering really!

They have to pull you over and show you the speed you were doing. You have nothing to worry about

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information