Thread: Hair Loss AGAIN!!

Hair Loss AGAIN!!

Can stress and anxiety really cause this?????????

My hair is about shoulder length (lightish blonde) and you can definitely see loads more of my scalp than usual. Loads seems to come out when I wash it and then when I comb it through. My hairdresser told me to move my parting around to help disguise it.

I tried on some jeans at lunchtime and I caught a glimpse of my scalp under the bright lights! There's more scalp than hair.

I know that worrying is only going to make things worse, but this is sooooooo horrible. When men go bald, nobody seems to notice, but its kind of different with us girls. I'm feeling so self-conscious.

I was going to go and get it chopped into a bob tomorrow - but I will struggle to move my parting around then.

Just don't know what to do:(

Hi Hun

i know exactly where u r coming from,. i also suffer from this afetr i had my son it was so bad i actually had receding hair line and couldn't tie my hair up coz along the front bit i was almost bald lol. it all of a sudden just stopped and grew back, but just recently it started again and i was so scared, but again it just stopped. what i do is put my hair up and then u dont notice it so much.
    it can also mean that u have an underactive tyroid if ya hair falls out, i was to scared to go and be tested though.

leanne xxx

i just wanna feel normal

Hiya

This has been happening to me for about 10 months.My hair is really thin now and the hair at my scalp is really sparse
    Have you had bloods done?Does your hairdreser have any ideas?

It really gets me down.I had bloods done and my Dr just left it at that
    Sometimes my scalp stings and i developed dandruff just before it started which i have never had before[V]

Sorry,i dont have any advice,i know how you feel
    Hunny xx

Oh,the Dr thinks its stress related,but i dont because my scalp is actually in a state.Yours may well be tho

Hi guys

I mentioned it to my GP and she came out with the usual stress related excuse, as well as the fact that I got married 3 months ago - and I was stressed to the max because of it. She suggested checking bloods again - mainly iron and thyroid, but I too was too terrified to book the appointment. I had the same problem when this health anxiety started up and they checked my thyroid about a year ago and everything was fine.

I've booked the appointment for bloods a week after next - hopefully that will put my mind at rest and make me accept that this is just a stress thing!

I'm also going to the hairdressers tonight - am going to have it chopped off into a short-ish bob. I took the view that if Mrs Beckham has had it done to sort out her bald patches, then it might help!!!

Thanks again

SB xx

Hiya

I think its a good idea to have it cut
    It will make it bounce up a little,and i personally think VB hair looks fab

So if you had this problem before,did it just rectify itself?

Love
    Hunny x

Hi Hunny

It started to "thin" about 18 months ago when my health anxiety started - in fact it probably got worse when I started taking mirtazapine (even though it is not listed as a side effect).

It did seem to thicken up again last summer and the amount I was losing when i washed it got less.

I started noticing more coming out earlier this year. I do seem to have the little hairs growing - so I guess I shouldn't worry. I suppose its time to worry when loads are coming out and there is no new growth.

Will see what the hairdresser says this afternoon.

Thanks

SBxx

Thread Information