Thread: Back from hospital

Back from hospital

So I had my appt at the hospital today to check on my "cervical ectropion".

I saw a gyneacologist and she basically said " I have a very vascular area on my cervix which is where they have previously treated it, she said it's quite common after treatment and it's a bit like scar tissue". She was asking loads of questions about what procedure they had done and where I had it done and I got the impression she obviously thinks they have made a bit of a mess.

She said she is referring my to colpscopy because it needs looking at, so I said "it's not cancer is it?" and she said "no it's not cancer but it needs treating"

She then gave me a card and said to take it to reception and ask for the next available appt at colposcopy and as I left I said " so I don't need to worry and she said no no no".

I explained all about my HA etc and she pointed out my smear 18 monts ago was normal, my recent scans were perfect and even when I have had a couple of abnormal smears it's been mild dysakoris which normally rights itself anyway.

So I suppose I should be relieved but I'm still worried I keep thinking why does she need me to go to Colposcopy if it's not cancer but then my husband said, if she had any doubt she wouldn't say "it's not cancer, she wouldn't say I don't need to worry and she wouldn't say ask them for the next available appt she'd say it needs to be an urgent referral.

He also said he thinks it sounds like whoever did my loop excision completely messed up my cervix and she thinks it needs repairing!

So I guess I should try and stop worrying, they gave me an appt for Colposcopy for 25th Jan

Re: Back from hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Munchlet View Post
    So I had my appt at the hospital today to check on my "cervical ectropion".

I saw a gyneacologist and she basically said " I have a very vascular area on my cervix which is where they have previously treated it, she said it's quite common after treatment and it's a bit like scar tissue". She was asking loads of questions about what procedure they had done and where I had it done and I got the impression she obviously thinks they have made a bit of a mess.

She said she is referring my to colpscopy because it needs looking at, so I said "it's not cancer is it?" and she said "no it's not cancer but it needs treating"

She then gave me a card and said to take it to reception and ask for the next available appt at colposcopy and as I left I said " so I don't need to worry and she said no no no".

I explained all about my HA etc and she pointed out my smear 18 monts ago was normal, my recent scans were perfect and even when I have had a couple of abnormal smears it's been mild dysakoris which normally rights itself anyway.

So I suppose I should be relieved but I'm still worried I keep thinking why does she need me to go to Colposcopy if it's not cancer but then my husband said, if she had any doubt she wouldn't say "it's not cancer, she wouldn't say I don't need to worry and she wouldn't say ask them for the next available appt she'd say it needs to be an urgent referral.

He also said he thinks it sounds like whoever did my loop excision completely messed up my cervix and she thinks it needs repairing!

So I guess I should try and stop worrying, they gave me an appt for Colposcopy for 25th Jan
    I was thinking of you today, remembered your appointment was today.
    It sounds like you got great news. The doctor told you it is not cancer. That is exactly what I hope to hear tomorrow when I go for my appointment (scared to death right now)! She would not have told you "it is not cancer" if she was not sure.
    She wants to give you treatment for your ectropion and that is also good. That means you will get rid of it.

I think you can completely relax and calm down now. You did get good news!

Re: Back from hospital

Thank you Justina

I have calmed down a lot now, obviously won't feel 100% until I've had the colposcopy but I did think she wouldn't have said that if she wasn't sure.

I'm thinking of you too, I'm sure you will get good news today too, be sure to let us know.

Thread Information