Thread: breathing worries

breathing worries

can anyone reassure me pleeeeeeeease........i feel like im going to stop breathing, and have felt like this for the last few days, its like im being suffocated..my ribs ache and i cant take a deep breath...the more i focus upon it the worse it becomes and im becoming obsessed with how i breathe now...its such a horrible feeling, has anyone had this??
    thanks all

ive had this lots of times especially the suffocating feeling its all to do with overbreathing or holding our breath even when we dont realise,also all to do with the muscles around our chests and diaphram getting so tight with tension.i no how horrid it feels but it wont hurt you.lie down and slow your breathing down in thro your nose if you can.keep doing this a couple of times during the day everyday and eventually you will correct your breathing,but you have to be persitant.nothing bad will happen to you just your head saying it will.you will be okay . take care marcia

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

Ive had lots of this the past few days but it really does just come thru anxiety. I love movies for example so if I can I pop in a favourite and lie down and just absorb myself in the movie and nine times out of ten I would suddenly 'come to' and realise I had enjoyed the movie and just concentrated on something other than my body and the breathing issue had at least eased! I know this wont be applicable for every one but just find what you love and try it - youve got nothing to lose!

Here is an old post I did on this as well...

Reverse panic

Nicola

Thread Information