Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First night on Mirt.

First night on Mirt.

First night : asleep within seconds of going to bed 1 hour after taking it, instead of hours of "ruminating ideas". 15 hours of sleep instead of 4 o 5. The DREAMS you could sell to students, talk about entertaining. Feel very groggy the afternoon afterwards

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

feeling very dizzy

Re: First night on Mirt.

After 5 years on it I get 6-7 hours broken sleep now, but it still is better than anything else I've tried for insomnia.

Unfortunately it does leave you a bit "groggy" some days but it's worth it IMHO.

i guess it take a while to get used to, i also take 225mg venlafaxine

Ah, I was just on Mirtazapine originally although I do remember it zonking me out for ages, but that eased off after a few days.

Mirt seems to play nicely with other drugs in my experience.

I had 11 days of grogginess with Mirtazapine. May I ask, why are you being given both Mirtazapine and venlaxafine ? Is the Mirt being prescribed for sleeping?

been on venlafaxine 10+ years but increasing doses over last couple of years and it doesnt seem too effective so maybe a bit of a boost is given by the combination. the mirt is also for night instead of benzos or zopiclone which i been addicted to before. not going down that road again.

I have only just registered on NMP as I have just been prescribed Mirt today (30mg)

Having read a lot of threads about this drug I am now very reluctant to take it due to all of the side effects.

I was on Fluoexetine in 2009 and found that I didn't have any side effects at all..so I am now wondering if I should ask my doc to go back on those?
    What do you think? I don't want to end up with more anxiety because I am actually anxious about the meds!
    Thanks guys...any advice would be welcome.

You will have to make your own decision about mirtazapine. There is a lot of scaremongering about it on this forum. Whilst it does not suit everyone i for one have done very well on it. I have been taking it for four and half years now with lithium 1,000mg. I sleep well and it has alleviated my severe depression. My weight has been up and down whilst on it and it is important to eat healhily and exercise whilst on it. The unpleasant side effects have been during withdrawal and not whilst taking it continuously. Initially you might feel drowsy which will continue during the day but this should level out Allow four to six weeks for it to take effect. Best of luck and continue posting. EJ

I've been taking it at 15mg a night for 5 years and it's the best drug I've ever had for anxiety-related insomnia, although it can zonk you out a bit the first few days as your body adjusts, but I am at no point ever considering coming off it

I also wanted to chip in and say that Mirtazapine has been a life saver for me, the best antidepressant (by a LONG way) of any I have taken. It turned my life around and really motivated me, with few side effects once I settled on it. Unlike other classes of medication I found the long term side effects mostly physical (weight gain, sweating) rather than mental (anxiety, confusion) so much easier to cope with. It was a miracle drug for me and an unexpected bonus was it completely cured my hayfever (yes, odd I know - must be an antihistamine too).

People should always remember that forums are usually full of the bad side effects and bad reactions - people rarely join forums to say something worked brilliantly, so don't take the constant side effect threads as being representative of any medication.

Wazza I had the legendary dreams too - I kept a dream diary and recommend this. I also started to get "dreams within dreams" - really complex dreams where I thought I was awake but was actually still in a dream - and lucid dreams where I knew I was dreaming and could do anything. I actually really miss these bonkers dreams, my sleep these days seems so boring

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information