Thread: Strokes and circulation

Strokes and circulation

Okay so just heard that bad circulation could lead to strokes? This worries me because I get pins and needles sometimes in my toes or if I hold my phone up to too long my right hand feels funny or of my leg is at a strage angle or elevated it tingles/ pins and needles.

I am twenty and have had an MRI, I was told my circulatory system is fine but now I'm concerned

Re: Strokes and circulation

The blood will drain out your arm if you have holding a phone up. Happens to us all!

Yes if you keep your arms raised, you lose circulation. It's normal. When I cross my legs I get pins and needles. I hear it is due to constriction of nerves but is entirely normal. It's fine. You're fine. Where did you have the MRI?

I do hope I'm fine I just had a funny turn like a hot woosh of blood shot up my calf from y foot.. Possible adrenaline but I panic it's worse than that.

I have it at the stroke unit in William Harvey hospital Ashford.. However I did not have a stroke.

Thank you for the replies guys x

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious lu View Post
    I do hope I'm fine I just had a funny turn like a hot woosh of blood shot up my calf from y foot.. Possible adrenaline but I panic it's worse than that.

I have it at the stroke unit in William Harvey hospital Ashford.. However I did not have a stroke.

Thank you for the replies guys x
    I'm terrifed of blood clots myself but unless you have high cholesterol or something else they're damn near impossible to have. I meant WHERE on your BODY did you get the MRI?

That worries me I haven't been eating very well I'm
    Not overweight or a crazy bad eater but I have been having more takeaways etc than usual and in an
    Non inclusive hotel it's hard not to snack. I lone given my age a stroke is unlikely would I know if I had a clot?

I am sorry that makes me look dumb I had a whole body MRI x

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

I have worried about clots what makes you worry about them?

That worries me I haven't been eating very well I'm
    Not overweight or a crazy bad eater but I have been having more takeaways etc than usual and in an
    Non inclusive hotel it's hard not to snack. I lone given my age a stroke is unlikely would I know if I had a clot?

I am sorry that makes me look dumb I had a whole body MRI x

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

I have worried about clots what makes you worry about them?
    What worries me about blood clots is that I will not realize I will have one and I will suffer a stroke that renders me paralyzed. It's my biggest fear, but countless people and doctors have told me I have optimal blood pressure, sugar, and cholesterol levels so the chance of me having one is extremely, extremely rare. Lucky you for the whole body scan. I've had two CTs on my head and my circulation and everything is supposedly fine.

Yes I am lucky however health anxiety doesn't let me accept that issues would be shown on it.. They have missed this or that..

Why won't we let ourselves accept we are okay.. I've feared everything and now it's my circulation and cholesterol only I don't know how to make sure it's okay or I'm scared to hear it isn't.. It's hard to eat healthy as a student

Yes I am lucky however health anxiety doesn't let me accept that issues would be shown on it.. They have missed this or that..

Why won't we let ourselves accept we are okay.. I've feared everything and now it's my circulation and cholesterol only I don't know how to make sure it's okay or I'm scared to hear it isn't.. It's hard to eat healthy as a student
    I don't know why we refuse to believe that we are healthy. Our minds keep us in this vicious cycle.

Thread Information