Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A message for those scared by Noro

Re: A message for those scared by Noro

Well, on a lighter note, my cat is on antibiotics & I couldn't believe the tablets r called noroclav

Also there is a really funny ( believe it or not) article in the guardian, written by Charlie Booker, on how to avoid the norovirus, the writer is also an emetephobe, so people will really identify with some of the things that are said

Just read the article written by Charlie Brooker, sounds like my life!!! Have a look for a hand gel by Purell called VF481. I've just ordered some. The tests show that it reduces the virus by 99.99%. I've conducted a lot of research into what will kill it off. This is the best product I've found so far. Look up the information leaflet from the makers GOJO and the tests conducted where done on people rather than in test tubes so they know it works! Reduces the virus by 99.99% also look up Rollins University of public health. They've conducted tests with VF481 and they found it's the best yet. This is great news. I feel so much better and am looking forward to getting it tomorrow. I hope this helps in some way to assist all those who need a little reassurance. The information leaflet also goes into detail of how the virus is passed on. Again a big help to understand the situations in which the virus is passed on. I hope this information is helpful.

London Lad thanks for your post. Have just ordered a couple of bottles of the Purell VF481 Gel. It all helps to calm the phobia. Feeling a bit more relaxed already.

More good news people; I have copied this from a magazine i get from the company I get my supplements from, all sounds very positive:

Probiotics have been shown to help shorten the length of infections such as diarrhoea and sickness, colds and flu and to prevent and treat antibiotic-associated diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). There is also growing evidence that they may have wider health benefits from improving digestive health to protecting against inflammatory and allergic diseases and even preventing symptoms of emotional problems such as stress, anxiety and depression."

Guys, the cases in Noro have dropped a LOT over the past two weeks. It's finally dying down. You see? We survived yet another winter!

.....and a ninja.

The trouble with the media is that they make it impossible to avoid hearing or reading about it, I mean, it seems to me that every time I awitch on the tv there`s someone describing how ill they were with it, all the grisly details etc. Do these people enjoy grossing everyone out? If I was unlicky enough to catch this thing, I don`t think that I`d want to talk about it!

How do these hand sanitisers work? do they kill the virus on impact? So as soon as it touches the virus?

I'm always worried about rubbing it into my hands and touching things before they're dry in fear of sticking infected gloop to everything

Smile Re: A message for those scared by Noro

Had to reply to this to hopefully reassure anyone who is worried about getting this virus:

I got it... And I obsess over the smallest health problems and worry a lot about getting ill - but it honestly wasn't that bad. I work with young children and one by one they all started throwing up everywhere and getting diarrea. Luckily it was a Friday so I thought I might have got away with it, but as I was sitting down at work I suddenly knew I was going to throw up and luckily there was a bin next to me. I had it for 3 days in all, and they were pretty crappy days. But honestly, it was no where near as bad as I had thought - I got really thirsty so I was drinking lots and I didn't eat anything for a couple of days, and literally overnight on the 3rd day I woke up and felt completely better! I've had stomach bugs far worse than that. (and it was confirmed noravirus, as I had to get it checked out before going back to work).

So try not to worry!

I've just joined this site and have to say this is just so reassuring. I feel less crazy already, and just reading all of these things you are all saying has calmed me down. Just wish I had discovered this sooner. xx

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information