Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: increased from 10-20 mg

increased from 10-20 mg

I was increased almost a week ago ... at first, felt fine but now side effects are hitting me. I had an awful night sweat last night ... had to change the sheets on the bed and my clothes. Is that from the increase? Otherwise healthy, never had that before unless I was sick and I am not sick.

Also so on edge, having trouble staying asleep again. This is miserable! Just glad I did the increase when I didn't have work this week.

Re: increased from 10-20 mg

bumping my original post. i am nervous to sleep tonight because i am scared of having night sweats again ... tomorrow i am set to fly out to texas for the weekend and am really nervous about it. i will be sharing a hotel room with my fiance and his brother, so i don't want to have night sweats and be crazy around my brother in law .... i wish he wasn't staying with us but we never see him because he has moved to texas so feel guilty saying no.

We take these meds because we feel rotten and the first thing they do is make us feel worse, it's not fair. And the same goes for adjusting the dose. Try and stick it out and the bad effects will go very soon. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

My side effects lasted about a week when I increased, try and enjoy your trip, I take it your fiance knows you are on these meds so just explain the side effects can cause night time sweats, hope you feel better soon xxxx

Thank you both for your kind replies I am feeling a little better now. Still get warmer than usual at night, but no real drenching sweats like the one before. My anxiety is decreasing a little too, although have been feeling a little light headed but not as bad as when I first got on the meds. I do feel less depressed, which is quite a relief. Hope it continues to improve!

Glad it's getting better xxx

is it citalopram u increased?

escitalopram/lexapro ... it's similar but a little different from citalopram

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

also the side effects are going away so that is good, anxiety and depression feel a little better so i hope it continues!

Ok I take that back ... I'm like 12 days into my increase now and my hands are really hot and red for about three days now. This happened when I first went on the meds, but it didn't last three days, only one. Also keep sweating a lot, which I know is on the side effect packet.

Should I be concerned that the hand thing is lasting this long?

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

did some yoga and it seems to have helped ... maybe just stressed/anxiety.

Exclamation Re: increased from 10-20 mg

ok ... could really use some advice here ... i just am feeling worse and worse. i felt awful and depressed again, so we upped to 20 mg and that was 12 days ago ... and i just feel so depressed still. i see my doctor thursday morning and my therapist monday afternoon and i just don't know what to do anymore. i don't know if it is the medication or just my stupid life right now that is getting me down. what do i do? i just feel so depressed and anxious ... does anybody have any advice? i hope this gets better. i know the meds won't take away my feelings about my life, is it true that my life is just this pathetic that i will be this depressed forever? ugh

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information