Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: increased from 10-20 mg

Re: increased from 10-20 mg

DO you feel anxious at all or low when you wake up like me still or is it just the tiredness now and not being bale to sleep properly?
    I'm ok during the day but do often feel really exhausted too. But my anxiety is normally good once early morning is over unless I am really stressing over something and then I can still get the horrible nervousness still.

Hi darl, just a question, before you went up to 20mg's did you have nay good days at all or just anxiety and depression again like the medication wasn't strong enough or pooping out? I really don't know what to do about moving up to 20mg's as I have been doing so well on 10 but lately I just seem to feel really bad again on a morning when I wake up, like severely depressed and then when that goes away I am getting nervousness here and there. I don't know if it's because I've been stressing over William needing 8 teeth out, I'm hormonal again right now and always suffer for a long time before the AD totally sorts me out completely or is the Cipralex just not cutting it? I'm just worried because one doctor told me I could end up worse I increase and another 2 are all for it...I know I was totally fine going up to 40mg's on Citalopram last time I had GAD bad, so perhaps I really do need the 20mg equivalent of Escitalopram. Looking back how bad was the change from 10 to 20mg's? I shall go up to 15mg any how before any higher. It's just that I think Lorazepam is pooping out on me a little now and I don't want to take any more but am scared to death of having bad panic attacks. My chemist where I used to live had take ad's himself and told me start up is always worst and though increases can be hard too they are never as bad as we are used to the meds in our system more then so you never get quite the same side effects or as drastic. I know this is what I found upping the Citalopram but this is my first time on escitalopram and I am still so scared of SSRI's when it comes to highering them and messing about with doses.
    You just seem to be doing so so well now....it's not long off that wedding now is it!

Honestly, everybody's experience can be different. For me, I waited until I was not having triggering events anymore and saw I still was depressed and anxious most days. That's when I decided to go up. If you know what is upsetting you at this time, you may want to wait until after that is all cleared up to see how you feel.

I still have blips here or there but I am doing much better and am happy I stuck through the difficulty. Increasing for some reason was much harder for me, but I am glad I did it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information