Thread: If I had a sinus infection would bloods show it?

Jem27 Guest

If I had a sinus infection would bloods show it?

Am I right in thinking that if my chronic sinusitis was actually an infection (worried about it leading to meningitis as its playing up again) that it would of shown in my bloods?

Yes

Because your white blood count wouldve been raised,showing that your body is fighting infection

Hunny x

Jem27 Guest
    Thought so, Thanks hunny.

Hi Jem,

I am also a suffer of sinusitis, so I know how you feel it’s horrible but you will get over it and feel better. I was lucky because the nurse at my doctors’ surgery also suffered from it. She gave me some really good advice.

I will post it for you and hope it helps.

She told me to put bricks under the top of the bed so my head was raised when sleeping this helps to drain the sinuses also too try stream inhalation at least once a week. To stay out of Smokey rooms as this can make it worse.

If the central heating is on to put wet towels over the radiators (More steam).

You can put a hot towel on your sinuses if they are painful around your nose or an ice pack some people prefer hot for pain and some cold. I find an ice pack works better for me.

Massage your face muscles especially around the nose.

I have had sinusitis for over ten years and never been in hospital with it other than the blood test you have had and that would have picked up if you had an infection.

Hope this helps to put your mind at rest.

Love

Mel xx

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Mel,

How do u feel with it on a daily basis?I just get facial pressure, ear pains on & off, bunged up but not that much and an ache now & again. Headaches are easing off with this steroid spray.

Has your dr never refered you to ENT? think mine will, im scared, lol!

Hi Jem,

Oh don’t be scared says she who nearly drove her doctor mad when I first had it. No I never got referred to ENT.

Mine was reoccurring a lot so the my doctor put me on a low dose of antibiotics for a while then sent me for blood tests like you I had no infection so he took me off the antibiotics.

I have more or less the same symptoms as you but not all the time now it’s manly if I am run down or in very dry heat the in the summer it seems worst on a very hot day. The headaches I find the most troubling and if I have to bend down to pick anything up I have pressure in my face and go dizzy.

I did have my sinuses looked at when I had a MRI scan for a unrelated illness and they were fine just a little congested but nothing too worry about.

I am sure you are fine and Jem.

If I can help in any way just PM.

Love

Mel xx

Thread Information