Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help is this prozac or my anxiety?

Re: Help is this prozac or my anxiety?

Absolutely I am very often on this forum so can help as much as possible if you need support. I know how you feel and this is not nice. But I really hope this medication will help so we can enjoy life again.

aww thanks alot it is so good when someone knows what it is like to go through i really appreciate it im only 19 and am still trying 2 accept it lol i miss how i use to be.

We just have to remember that anxiety is highly treatable and we are going to be ok again it is very difficult to be positive when you feel sh** but you are going to be fine

thanks alot and yeah that is true try and fill minds with positive thoughts

These feelings will not last. It is your anxiety and the Prozac, it can be a really pain the neck but once the meds take hold you will be OK.

ty Dantastic reassurance really does help as im kind of new to this anxiety. It has hit me hard as i suffer everyday from symptoms :(

Hi guys I'm on day 32 now and starting to level out. The first two weeks were the worst with really bad panic attacks coming in waves but my only advice is to take it one day at a time and you will get through it. I know it's hard an horrible but keep going and don't give up. I am feeling better now and my doc said this should get even better after I've been on them for 6-7 weeks.

Hi Tom,
    I am also on day 16 today, & still not good, but keep saying to myself, that in 4-6 weeks I will start to feel better & just be patient, try & take each day as it comes. I know its hard but there are so many successful posts on here just keep reading them, it does help.
    Keep posting on here, there is lots of good advice xx

Tom,

You will get better, all these symptons are side effects from anxiety and the pills making them worse.

My youngest son who is also called Tom started to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks around your age, I saw him go through hell and found out that a lot of young lads do suddenly start to suffer like this for some reason, he was always the most happy and outgoing of all my 3 boys so it was completely out of character, anyway to cut a long story short, he did eventually go to the docs and was put on Fluxotiene and he stayed on them for about 2 years, he is now 23, he weaned himself off, has a girlfriend and they have over the last 2 years been to all sorts of places (he never went out of the house only to work) including America, he still has anxiety and panic attacks but has learnt to deal with them.

When I started to suffer in the summer he has been my rock as he knows eactly what I have been going through and told me I would feel better when the meds started to work and he was right.

You will get better, I know this is a long post but I have been reading what you have been saying and I just had to tell you about my Tom. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is good that you have started on the right road, he suffered for ages before getting help.

xxx

thank you all for your help, we will all get through this. Also Janine have you or your son ever got a numb right arm for days because im not sure if it is the anxiety or something else and it is making me panic abit sometimes my face feels tight and numb a bit aswell are these common please. Im really happy for your son that he had the strength and is now living a life without anxiety ruining it and having the strength to ignore it xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information