Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mirtazapine side effects

mirtazapine side effects

I have been taking mirtazapine for 1 week now and my legs really swell up in the evening. I feel really swollen my ankles and my fingers, i told the doc and he has taken me off them, said he didnt like the fact that this was happening.
    Has anyone else had this problem

thanks luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

hi tracie,

i was on mirtazapine for 2 years and it dodnt make my legs swell, but i did get twitches in the leg, i also ate a lot more but slept better, i have been off them now for 2 months and no doing too bad, hope you find another one that helps

ruth

Re: mirtazapine side effects

Quote Originally Posted by traciec39 View Post
    I have been taking mirtazapine for 1 week now and my legs really swell up in the evening. I feel really swollen my ankles and my fingers, i told the doc and he has taken me off them, said he didnt like the fact that this was happening.

thanks luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM
    hiya

hiya jenny ere ive been on the tabs 4, 2 weeks an i threw up violently 2 nites on the trot 4 the first few days, an i ad pins an needles aswell wen i woke up in the mornin but i do feel a bit better i will c how i go 4 the next few weeks an let u all no xxx

I took mirtazipine for 6m and then stopped as it gave me different sideeffects. In the beginning it was good but i was very sleepy or sleepless and also lethargic.

They say its good for young and middle age groups

Hi I'm new to the forum, started mirtazapine 15mg now on 30mg 2 wks ago, would love to know if side effects subside, feel as though i'm outside looking in, feel worse in the morning,get the shakes

Initially I had 3-4 days of legs cramping badly at night but it settled. Have recently gone up to 30mg and have twitches/reflex type pains in my knees at night at the moment.

Thumbs up Re: mirtazapine side effects

I have been on 15mg for 3 weeks now and am glad to say that the side effects did wear off after about 2 weeks. I still get a little light-headed now and then but not as often. The side effects I experienced were feeling groggy, dizzy, which was worse in the morning time and I had great difficulty getting out of bed for about 10 days. I also had extreme food cravings but managed to control this mostly and only gained about 4 pounds overall and now the cravings are completely gone, hooray! To anyone else who suffers from cravings I would say pig out on healthy carbs like vegetables, try for the most to keep the sweet stuff locked away, go to bed early (seriously, this helps a lot) and don't lose faith!!

I still have crazy dreams but they can be quite interesting, and not what I would call nightmares.

Having previously had bad experiences with both citalopram and prozac I am very pleased now I have found something that seems to agree with me. I suffer with anxiety and mirtazapine is the first medication that actually seems to treat the anxiety, rather than depression, which in itself it only a symptom of my anxiety.

I hope this is a help to anybody; I read so many forums when deciding what medication to try and it really did help me!

Quote Originally Posted by traciec39 View Post

thanks luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM
    Hi there how r u

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

hi there i have just started mirtazapine the other day

All I had when I was on it was sleepiness and headaches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information