Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No appetite at all..

Question No appetite at all..

on my 4th week of Fluoxetine now,Have struggled to eat at times in these 4wks but this week appetite gone altogether,Xmas dinner was a waste had 2 mouthfuls,Nothing yesterday and nothing to eat today yet...Anyone else had this? Also i feel sick a lot and tend to panic for no reason.x

Re: No appetite at all..

Hi AbbeyJ, it is my 3rd week on Fluoxetine and can't eat too. I Lost 5kg in 3 weeks. Somedays i am able to have something for dinner but most of days is just banana and smoothies. It looks like lack of appetite is a common side effect.

I'm on citalopram, have been for 8 days and whilst the horrible, horrible side effects are starting to finally wear off, my appetite is non-existent and I've lost 8 pounds in a week! I think it's totally normal when you're under stress. I felt so nasty towards my mother not eating Christmas dinner too. I've tried to drink loads of sprite, just to give me energy because the thought of food knocks me sick. I've always had a huge appetite, so it's quite bizzare!

Aww sorry to hear that but not so worried now that i know other people have the same issue

Yes Abbie,
    Am the same no appetite at all, also lost quite a lot of weight xx

same here food dosnt intrest me at all ive lost 16lb in 6 weeks

Yes food was a problem for me too for about 5 weeks lost a lot of weight, I was advised by the surgery to try and eat something every two hours even if it was only a couple of bites toast but that is really hard when you do not want to put anything in your mouth, tomato soup in a mug was tea many days and like Princess said Bananas slip down, your appetite will come back. My husband plied me with lucozade everytime I turned round there was a bottle, I hate the stuff but it did help. xx

I had a big problem with appetite in weeks 1-4 and tried to eat a little at every meal. Bananas were my saviour - easy to eat. My appetite recovered in weeks 4-7 which covered Christmas but I still didn't eat as much as I normally would. Today, end of week 8, I have had a serious panic attack. Luckily, I had already eaten a reasonable lunch, but now I cannot bear to eat or drink anything.

I do have plenty of spare weight, so at least that's not an issue, and thank goodness a Doctors appointment tomorrow morning for a check on my fluoxetine medication.

Hi Kayleigh, I had a little blip week 8 -9 had a massive attack after going to bed and had been to sleep for an hour, really was worried at the time but it did not happen again, I was off my food for a couple of days again. Don't worry you will be fine, my doctor said I would have off days and that is perfectly normal. Good to hear how you are doing. xxx

This is me also Abbie. I am day 21 of prozac and have lost my appetite since I started. I usually love to eat. Lately I have been forcing myself even tho it makes me anxious for who knows what reason...... I blend up some spinach, green apple, cucumber, avocado, and berries or banana and honey if you like it sweet. Turn it into a drink for a good dose of vitamins. I can't seem to force a meal down but I can force this down slowly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information