Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No appetite at all..

Re: No appetite at all..

Been on Cit for a few years but feel awful at the moment, no appetite at all. Your not alone, I find sipping milkshakes, smoothies, eating fruit or a raw carrot is ok. Make sure you drink sips of water and take vitamin supplements. Can you take soup or V8, feel for you xx

Hi just had half a smoothie as my stomach was rumbling with lack of food I think, but now feel quite sickly. You can't win xx

I've been on Fluoxetine off and on for 10 years, and my appetite always disappears, but after about 2 months it comes back. I also find that if I take it on an empty stomach I get nauseous, so I try to make sure I at least eat some toast first.

Vixen, hi, you say you have been on/off fluox for years how long does it take to work for you? im on day 19...seen some improvement but general opinion seems to be it takes longer? x

I feel a difference after about a month....once I get to 4 weeks I'm pretty good.

Just to leave a update. I have been on prozac almost 10 weeks now and my appetite is back in full force. I actually cant stop eating now. Any weight i lost at the beginning is surely back now. I had zero appetite so dont fear the initial side effect of no appetite. it comes back.

this makes me disappointed. i have GAINED weight since being on fluoxetine. Gained 30 pounds in a year. I was always at 145, never more, never less, for ten years or so. Now 175?! i'm sure it is a combination of my new life that i've started and the fluoxetine. my point is, since starting it, my appetite has grown. and my body anxiety and self hatred developed. but i'm not "dying" during car rides or constantly counting anymore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information