Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello 2013 Goodbye Anxiety

Hello 2013 Goodbye Anxiety

I have awoken this morning after another restless night worrying about my heart. But this morning something is different. Instead of sitting on the sofa checking my pulse I had a brisk walk to the shop to get a paper. Once back at home my wife nearly collapsed when I offered to hoover the house!!!!

The past two years have been very tough. Always worrying about my health and not doing the things I enjoy. I have wasted the last 2 years but no more Mr Anxiety, enough is enough.

In the new year I have the opportunity to start a new job. 2013 will be a new start for me:

1. Stop drinking so much - I drink to relax and am now drinking 15 units a day!! I am sure that this in itself will ease the anxiety and help me feel better.
    2. My new job will involve travelling and staying at nice hotels so instead of sitting in the bar I intend to use the Gym and try to get a bit fitter.
    3. Remain positive and not concentrate on the negatives.
    4. Finally, I am going to reclaim my life and start enjoying life for what it is.

If any one else has had enough of anxiety and wants a new start in 2013 get in touch and we can help each other..

As I write this post I am already feeling better. I know it won't be easy and I know there will be times when I am awake checking my pulse at 2am but I am determined to beat this!!!!

Happy New Year to you all. I hope you all have a less anxious 2013. xx

Re: Hello 2013 Goodbye Anxiety

Yes!! Good for you - I think once we have it in our minds that we CAN kick this horrible disease it makes it that smidge easier to do it.

But, I am with you. Over the last 2 months things have taught me that worry and anxiety ARE USELESS. Well, I knew it all along but I proved to myself that this was the case.

So I have been trying so hard. Some days and moments have been easier but I have wasted 4 years of my life and I REFUSE to let it dictate me anymore.
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Good for you! What a great, positive attitude. This year had been pretty bad for me anxiety wise. I think the one resolution I want to make and really stick to is to stay off google. I always manage to kid myself that it's just a quick look and that i will find something that will make me feel better, but honestly, I think it is fuelling my anxiety and taking me further and further into my obsessive thinking, so that is my resolution for 2013.

I am IN and deffo up for this :-))

I wish you the very best of luck I really hope you stay strong your determination is an admiration I wish I could be as positive as this after reading your post I think I'm going to set myself some goals even if they are little ones and see if I can start to beat this people keep saying to me to stop wasting my life worrying about illnesses etc n just enjoy life but when you're convinced your going to get or have already convinced yourself youve got an illness you think what's the point in trying to enjoy yourself I need to get strong n positive any help would be appreciated x

Well, its the second day of my new regime and I feel pretty good. I'm tired today as I haven't been sleeping too well. I put this down to reducing my alcohol intake. I was at a colleagues wedding all day yesterday and had a really nice day. I had 5 drinks all day which is not a lot for me as I would normally have double that. I am at a big party tomorrow night and will have a few drinks but I will not go crazy. I'm having a drink free day today. Hopefully I can kick on and feel better in 2013!!!!!
    I'm just taking one day at a time, little steps.

Love, love, love your first post cjw - inspiring.

Sometimes lying in bed or sitting on the sofa is all we think we can do, but it's not true, our thoughts are not fact and when we're depressed or anxious our thoughts about most things are incorrect. Your shift in thinking is fundamental to your recovery, you've made an amazing start, well done .
    So my resolutions are:

1. Live my life today and everyday as I want it to be, stop waiting for the anxiety and depression to 'go'.
    2. Take better care of myself, go to the gym, eat well, swimming, learn to dance.......
    3. Continue to use NLP and challenge my negative thoughts.

I'm on day 2 aswell and have been to the gym again today and although having a few 'moments' I am confident that 2013 is going to be the best year for us both
    Love Sam

Love your point 1 Sam!! I amGoing to keep that one up my sleeve too!

I hope we can all do this!
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

I am really trying to be more positive too and I woke up this morning and booked cinema tickets for myself, hubby, son and his girlfriend to see Life of Pi this afternoon (will have diazepam in my bag just in case).

Good for you Annie!! I hope you enjoy it, even if it's just a smidge xxx
    ~Dr Seuss~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information