Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you cope with IBS symptoms?

Re: How do you cope with IBS symptoms?

little.miss.worry, sounds as if u have completely standard IBS. I have it too and have for the last year. Comes and goes but I have noticed that it was worse after a bowl of cereal, so I cut out milk and i didnt get as nauseous. also spices and garlic can make me bloat up and cramp. its all about listening to what ur body is telling u it doesnt like. or its just anxiety sadly.
    best thing I found is buscopan, £3 for 20 tablets in any supermarket or boots/superdrug. when im really badly bloated exercise can help, i feel as if my muscles just forget how to work but if i go for a walk or run or anything that 'jolts' my belly its like it will slowly wake up. theres some colonic massage stuff ive found on youtube before which might be worth searching for, or a hot water bottle as someone else also mentioned.
    lying on ur back with ur legs straight out, bring one knee tightly to ur chest, and then the other side, thats meant to help release air, or the yoga pose that works for me is lying on ur front, keep ur hips on the floor but push ur chest up so ur arms are straight and ur looking at the ceiling stretching ur belly as much as u can.
    the other over-the-counter meds u could try is copamine, peppermint oil tablets that go to ur bowel to work, my cousin said they were the only thing that worked, but i didnt see a big difference. all trial and error.

Good luck!

Sorry Little Miss Worry Annie was right I was not implying you had an infection I was just saying that was when I first had it but I have had it since although not for long, I was trying to put your mind at ease not make it worse. It was the hospital that put me onto Buscopan for IBS, the infection I had was caused bu diverticulitus which I was diagonosed with 2 years ago when I had a huge internal bleed, I have suffered with IBS on and off for a long time and it comes and goes. sorry did not mean to worry you xxx

Hi Little!
    My Father has IBS and has every symptom you have. He takes medication for his, but it still plays up occasionally after eating dairy products, chocolate and caffeine. He's stuck to a bland diet and doesn't have much problems anymore.

I'd also keep a diary of what foods trigger off your symptoms as well so you know next time to avoid that certain food. Try not to get anxious or stressed that much either as that can make the symptoms worse. I've heard that peppermint is good for IBS too. Sometimes when my stomach is upset I take a peppermint capsule and I'm fine after 20 minutes or so.

I hope you feel better soon and have a happy new year! Take care.

.....and a ninja.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information