Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: every week the hpa release the latest stats for noro

every week the hpa release the latest stats for noro

And this is why, on the day the stats are released, there seems to be more coverage in the media..we just need to go about our business and wash our hands as I'm sure we all do anyways.

Re: every week the hpa release the latest stats for noro

I agree.

Although they've made it out as 'really bad' this year, I've only known ONE person who's had it so far. It's just like every other year.. No different.

.....and a ninja.

I have never know anyone that has it to be honest. Don't stress over it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Me too, I have never known anyone that I know to have had it

The media, as usual, don't help this situation, they hype it right up and cause a mass over reaction. Just stick to the usual hygiene and I'm sure it will all be fine

Its fun isnt it!!!

Does anybody else woth emetaphobia go out of their way to watch the news/look it up online/listen to the radio or is it just me?

Auntie Moosie is absolutely right! Every year they make it out like it's the worst outbreak of all times. So, if it's the worst of all time every year-then we'd all have gone under with it, which isn't the case. Miss GS-I think you will find there are a lot of people in your position, who are emetophobic and constantly check online to see what the situation is. On the one hand, it calms you down, because you feel that way you're keeping up with what's going on, but on the other it will probably only scare you more. Do you secretly hope that you will google and it will come up saying: "No more Norovirus" or "Norovirus has now vanished off the face of the earth" ? I think secretly that's what a lot of people hope to see, but the news will never say anything reassuring, so I wouldn't bother looking.

MissGS ... Yes, exactly what I do, although I try to stop myself, but yes, Iced diamond, that's also true ... I keep hoping to see the headline 'Norovirus is on the decline and will not now appear again 'til the end of 2013! I also find myself looking on Facebook for friends who have it .. just to check if its in my neck of the woods. I only know of one person who's had D and V recently (don't think it was Noro as she recovered very quickly) So .... I just keep looking at your superb posting Iced Diamond, which I'm finding very reassuring and helpful. Thank You!

Iced Diamind and Grape you are 100% right! Thats exactly what I am looking for but its almost like I feel if I am 'educated' about it I stand a better chance! Very strange! When I hear about people being ill on facebook as well I want to know ALL the details, how many times were you ill? How long did it last? How long did you feel ill before you were actually unwell!

It's definitely good to be informed though guys. Just know the basics things though, for example: washing hands thoroughly after you have been out, before eating and after visiting the loo, stay clear of hospitals and cruise ships (if you can), don't see someone known to have it. This is it really. Also maybe good to know what it doesn't last longer than 2 days and maybe what you should consume if you get it-those are all the need to know things though really. Miss GS and Grape-Be cautious about what friends say, because a lot of people actually say things like:" Oh yeah, I've had that bug that's going 'round..." More than likely, it wasn't actually that. More likely to be a Rotavirus, which is different or simply the after affects of a food and drink rich Christmas...Do you know what I mean? I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Thank you Iced Diamond .. all that you say helps. Someone rang me this morning and said 'I'm not going out today (she was going to the football on a mini bus .. there were 3 lots going) .. it's been cancelled as everyone's ill with 'flu and sickness and diarrhoea' My stomach jumped immediately but after reading your post I feel better. I'm know that some of them have over-indulged .. so I keep coming back and reading your posts (otherwise I probably wouldn't venture out if I took note of everything everyone says!) Thank You!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information